Dingo FC vs Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Maddison goal was pretty cold not gonna lie. Don't think he makes the final cut for the England squad on the last 6 months form tbh so looking forward to see him playing again after a restful summer and a full pre-season.

I went along last night. It was like a game of kick-about in the park on Sunday with a bunch of torridly hungover mates. We dominated possession (from the eye test) and fucked about on the edge of the box a lot - so pretty much what we’ve done for the most part of this season. Young lads in the second half were good to see. Hall was exciting. Scarlett was getting on the end of it well.

It was good for a huge contingent of Aussie supporters to be able to see the team play in person (most for the first time). After attending Spurs - Liverpool at NWHL in September, I have realised I will never get the feeling again… until I’m there next.

I went along last night. It was like a game of kick-about in the park on Sunday with a bunch of torridly hungover mates. We dominated possession (from the eye test) and fucked about on the edge of the box a lot - so pretty much what we’ve done for the most part of this season. Young lads in the second half were good to see. Hall was exciting. Scarlett was getting on the end of it well.

It was good for a huge contingent of Aussie supporters to be able to see the team play in person (most for the first time). After attending Spurs - Liverpool at NWHL in September, I have realised I will never get the feeling again… until I’m there next.
Good work - hope you get back to the Mecca of North London ASAP

Can you give us an objective view on which club had the more fans there yday?

Good work - hope you get back to the Mecca of North London ASAP

Can you give us an objective view on which club had the more fans there yday?
I think we had more fans but they had more passionate fans. Since Ange came along we've had a lot of people jump on but it was clear they weren't diehards while heard the odd chant from the Geordies. Don't think they've been down here in ages so probably meant they were a bit more hungry for it too. It's always cool to see these games (and it was even better with Ange this time) but I hate the atmosphere at them, all the bells and whistles beforehand then dead silent through the 90.

I think we had more fans but they had more passionate fans. Since Ange came along we've had a lot of people jump on but it was clear they weren't diehards while heard the odd chant from the Geordies. Don't think they've been down here in ages so probably meant they were a bit more hungry for it too. It's always cool to see these games (and it was even better with Ange this time) but I hate the atmosphere at them, all the bells and whistles beforehand then dead silent through the 90.
I was honestly surprised by the amount of Geordies, especially considering I had never encountered a single person wearing a Newcastle kit in Melbourne prior to the game.

Was nice to see a bunch of younger fans as well. Poor kid behind me would’ve been 10 and had already developed a fear set pieces. First corner we conceded he said “oh man here we go we suck at these”

it's a passing fad in australia. Kevin Keegan helped Liverpool become popular in the 70's into the 80's with Craig Johnston ..that and winning all the time. Winning things for Man U, Viduka & Kewell for Leeds, Tim Cahill Everton and now unfortunately it's THFC to be exposed to the awful media in australia and some new fans thanks to "Big Ange". give it a season or so and it will all go away 👍

Last edited:
Think our friendly was pointless? Newcastle stuck around all week just to lose 8-0 to the A-League “All Stars”
:ange-lol:

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/C7WGxtSumtB/?igsh=MWIwODdtY2lxcTh1Yw==

Sounds like they didnt get paid much either. I'm assuming we got the pot of gold???

In terms of financial benefit, Newcastle have received remuneration but it is not believed to transformative and does not stretch into the millions, which has led to questions around the logic of the trip. That only further fuels the environmental concerns too, as well as player-welfare issues, given it comes at the end of an exhausting, injury-ravaged campaign.

Sounds like they didnt get paid much either. I'm assuming we got the pot of gold???

In terms of financial benefit, Newcastle have received remuneration but it is not believed to transformative and does not stretch into the millions, which has led to questions around the logic of the trip. That only further fuels the environmental concerns too, as well as player-welfare issues, given it comes at the end of an exhausting, injury-ravaged campaign.
Considering 78k attended, the bulk of which were in the section of seats that cost a minimum of $100 I’d be pretty confident in saying Levy would’ve made sure it was worth our while.

Exactly, great to see the lads in the flesh so to speak!
Slagging off the destination of one of the best countries in the world is so disrespectful!

Back
Top Bottom