Djed Spence

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know Conte didn't think he was good enough, but Conte also thought the same thing about Sarr and Bissouma. Would be interesting to see if Ange rates him enough to be in the squad next Summer, and what that might look like for us.

If not I wish him the best in recouping his fee we paid for him.
His pace and attacking ability seems perfectly suited to the way we play.

Just depends on if Ange thinks he has the mindset or not

Realistically the best we can hope for is him being a decent backup for Porro or selling him on for a decent fee. I would like to see the former as he’s homegrown, would help with the quota but he really needs to show more in the second half of the season.

Realistically the best we can hope for is him being a decent backup for Porro or selling him on for a decent fee. Iat the start of pre-season would like to see the former as he’s homegrown, would help with the quota but he really needs to show more in the second half of the season.

He seems to be a RB who can also play LB comfortably, a useful player to have with that versatility, and useful to have an extra HG.

Just depends how he does for the rest of the season at Leeds and what Ange thinks of him in pre-season as to whether he stays or not.

Realistically the best we can hope for is him being a decent backup for Porro or selling him on for a decent fee. I would like to see the former as he’s homegrown, would help with the quota but he really needs to show more in the second half of the season.
Ange is always talking about what happens in training and I don't think Spence is a good trainer.
At face value he is ideal for Ange ball.

When I seen that picture of him with the cigar when Forrest won promotion, alarm bells did ring. He looked like a wrongun with a shit attitude and it’s certainly turned out to be that way

When I seen that picture of him with the cigar when Forrest won promotion, alarm bells did ring. He looked like a wrongun with a shit attitude and it’s certainly turned out to be that way
The feud with his old manager did it for me. Rare for a young player to have such a public spat with an experienced manager and later turn out to be a solid pro who succeeds at the top level.

The feud with his old manager did it for me. Rare for a young player to have such a public spat with an experienced manager and later turn out to be a solid pro who succeeds at the top level.

Thinking Warnock is a cunt can't be construed as an automatic red flag on a player.

Spence played 73 mins as LB (again) in Leeds 4-0 demolition of Ipswich - a few comments off Leeds fans boards :

1964white wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:58 pm Djed had a fine game today, his best in a Leeds shirt
:tup:

Superb. He looked disappointed to be subbed
thought Djed Spence was terrific. He looked a class above with his dribbling and extra bursts of pace.

Other comments that his tracking back is improving game by game - speculation that this is improving as his fitness levels are improving after coming back from injury.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom