Do we have top 5 attack/midfield in the world?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Great, go on the Fighting Lion and wank off about your Gooner favourites there.

I don't know who you are or why you think you get to tell me where to post just because you happen to not like the content, you pathetic fucking child. Your kind are the most irritating type on here, it's not a competition to be the Top Spurs fan, have a fucking day off.

It's World Cup period and I'm defending a player who pulls on an England shirt. Go fucking cry about it, then stick me on ignore and shut up instead of daring to tell me what I can or can't post and where I can do it.

Many of our attackers and midfielders have stood out at this World Cup… and after Kulu’s masterclass vs Motherwell today I’m starting to get carried away.

In attack Conte picks 3 out of: Rich, Son, Kane Kulu
In midfield it’s been 2 out of: Bentancur, Hojbjerg, Bissouma

Apart from Real and City, I’m not sure there are many clubs with a better midfield and attack.
Barcelona and Bayern’s attack are better on paper than on the pitch this season.

Lacks creativity. Kulu is great, Kane offers a bit but a real lack of options and when Kulu gets injured, as we've seen, we're really stodgy and reliant on set pieces. Dare i say someone like Maddison would complete it but even an Eze or Olise would be a huge improvement in depth with Moura/Gil leaving (the latter on loan hopefully)

Last edited:
Woolwich have a much more set first 11, they have no obvious holes like we do (RWB & CB) and are further down their ‘’project’’ than us.

On paper we have a better attack then them but the balance of the Woolwich team is better and Woolwich have had no injuries during the start of the season. Kane/Kulusevski/Richarlison/Son is superior to Jesus/Oldegaard/Martinelli/Saka but not by a huge amount and our system is hurt by the likes of Emerson needing to play.

Modern football needs no weak links for the defence and attack to function collectively. If we had the Woolwich attack and gave Woolwich our attack, we would be worse and they would even be better marginally. Fix our CB’s and our RWB’s and you will not only improve our defence but also our attack.

yea foden was very good. all the clever bits of play came from him being involved, him getting the team up the pitch in numbers by linking and keeping the ball well. very good player. would expect it to go over your head though.

:contefacepalm2:

Foden was a ghost for most of the 1st half.

Offers nothing at the top level apart from 3 goals at the World Cup at 21, being MOTM in a quarter final against the French as well.

Not to mention more g/a than any Woolwich player this season (they're top if you hadn't noticed) and 18 g/a last season.

Some people just can't be helped.
Mate, all you’ve done is big-up the Woolwich owner, manager and players for months now across multiple threads. This is the third thread at least.

I am okay with an occasional discussion on their merits —after all, they lead the league and I thought Saka was excellent today. However, you’ve made a point of it all season. . If you can’t read the fucking room, it really is time for you to fuck off to Woolwich Mania.

It is true we’re quite reliant on Kulu as no one else can replicate his creativity or perform at RW.

But many top teams would be massively affected by one injury. Benzema injured for Real, Haaland injured for City, Salah for Liverpool… they’re as big blows as us losing Kulu.
Those teams have goalscorers without their main men, in the same way i think we could probably now cope to a degree without Kane but we dont have any creativity without Kulu. He's our most important player now for that reason.

Woolwich have a much more set first 11, they have no obvious holes like we do (RWB & CB) and are further down their ‘’project’’ than us.

On paper we have a better attack then them but the balance of the Woolwich team is better and Woolwich have had no injuries during the start of the season. Kane/Kulusevski/Richarlison/Son is superior to Jesus/Oldegaard/Martinelli/Saka but not by a huge amount and our system is hurt by the likes of Emerson needing to play.

Modern football needs no weak links for the defence and attack to function collectively. If we had the Woolwich attack and gave Woolwich our attack, we would be worse and they would even be better marginally. Fix our CB’s and our RWB’s and you will not only improve our defence but also our attack.
Perfectly said- couldn’t agree more

I've long lobbied for an orthodox attacking centre midfield player to round out the squad. With my preference being Szoboszlai. For me adding a Szoboszlai to the CM and a Maddison to the forwards we make us a truly top attacking threat. Then it's about fixing the league one defence.

spewing bile lol ive just given you clips from the actual game and his main moments....he had one positive moment and that was more due to terrible defending. you need to wipe the shit out of your eyes...or maybe you just dont understand football which is more the case.

8/10

8/10

'Saka Dazzles'

'Magnificent Saka'

8/10

Not cherry picked. Just had to go straight down the list on google, you won't find a single journalist or football expert who thinks he was anything but excellent. What you did was be a nitpicky twat and pick out bad moments & pretend he should be scoring from every shot. What he did was influence the game massively throughout the 90.

I guess they all know nothing about football and you do though, right? Foden was amazing despite being anonymous, yeah? Clueless.

He's hugely talented but very questionable in an England shirt tbh.

Looked good against the minnows (same as the qualifiers), but he's never played for a team that isn't dominant (see City).

He seemed a bit lazy in the first half tbh...... No support for his FB out of possession.

Looked good against the minnows (same as the qualifiers), but he's never played for a team that isn't dominant (see City).

He seemed a bit lazy in the first half tbh...... No support for his FB out of possession.

Yeah it felt like our left hand side was all in on working hard to stop Mbappe but Foden was coasting .. a lot.

I was surprised he wasn't subbed earlier. Think Southgate's non-use of him of late was actually quite justified in this game.

I'm country over club. I support Spurs but support England even more. Made it clear numerous times.

Saka is an England player.
NhEJfo3.jpg

He does it all the time.
In the Conté thread.
In the ENIC thread.
He says he’s not a Woolwich fan but he clearly loves this iteration of their team. Needs to dial it back or fuck off to Woolwich mania to express his man-love for Arteta and Josh Kroenke.

It is really weird behaviour.

Back
Top Bottom