Do we really want to win the FA Cup Semi?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

jimmyriggle

Blatant
Of course we do.

However I've just looked at the fixture list and seen that, should we progress, our game vs Villa will have to be moved to midweek, leaving us two games to crucial games to pla in one week, to qualify for champs league.

Can;y believe the FA cup isn't the last game of the fucking season. So fucked up

making a trip to Wembley and losing is heartbreaking (Pompey) we have to win, we'll deal with the fixture congestion when we come to it.

agree with all of you but i just can't believe the decision was ever made to put the cup final before the last game of the season.
1. it completely devalues it in my eyes and 2. it was always bound to put two clubs in an unfair situation in the lead up to the end of the season.

Losing to Chelsea in a semi-final at Wembley is not a good thing in any circumstances. Just imagine knocking them out the cup and then knocking them out the top four...

last time we had two crucial games in one week after a cup match, we beat both Ars****l and Chelsea, so obviously because i said so it'll happen again :adegrin2:

After tonight, I've got no heart left to care about this. Even if we manage to somehow win the FA Cup, I won't be able to get over the disappointment of having thrown it all away in the league.

docomospur said:
After tonight, I've got no heart left to care about this. Even if we manage to somehow win the FA Cup, I won't be able to get over the disappointment of having thrown it all away in the league.

I wouldn't worry too much...

we've lost all momentum, Chelsea, ArseAnal & Newcastle have gained theirs... what makes you tink it's all gonna change at Wembley... the players have been 'gone' since going 2-0 up at the Emirates... it's all been downhill from there... fuck it, we couldn't even enjoy half-time that day!

only ourselves to blame... i've given up with conspiracy theories about David Dein shitting in our lasagne... we've shot ourselves in the foot way too many times for that to have had any bearing on where we are today.. but it fucking got the ball rolling, that's for sure!

docomospur said:
Agreed.

I feel that if we blow CL after being 10 points ahead, an FA Cup win will feel like a consolation prize.

At least if we just finished up with a CL place it would feel as if we were still on course to keep progressing. Not getting CL this year makes me feel as if all the efforts of the past two seasons have been for nothing and we destine to be yet another CL one hit wonder.

Fuck that, if we win the FA Cup let the scum fucking keep third, you don't get a trophy for finishing third. I want a trophy, I want Glory.

Do you think Modric and Bale will stay another season when they know damn well there are suitors who can offer them Champions League football on a regular basis? And an FA Cup doesn't attract big names, the Champions League does.

*sigh*

Don't think they'd stay even if we were to finish 3rd to be honest (especially Modric).

I'd rather win the FA Cup any day though, I was only 7 last time we won the Cup and I would love to see it again now more than anything.
In 20 years time what are people going to remember, winning a trophy or hanging on to a few players for an extra season?

Smolik said:
Don't think they'd stay even if we were to finish 3rd to be honest (especially Modric).

I'd rather win the FA Cup any day though, I was only 7 last time we won the Cup and I would love to see it again now more than anything.
In 20 years time what are people going to remember, winning a trophy or hanging on to a few players for an extra season?
As I have pointed out in the past, 75% of league and FA Cup wins over the past 15 or so years have been won by teams in the top four. The fact is that if you finish routinely in the top four you will have better players over a longer period, even if some come and go. That's the reality of the game.

Frankly I don't want to look back in 20 years time and say "do you remember that cup win from 2012"? I want to look back in 20 years time and say "what about those 8 cups we won over the past two decades". That means keep getting CL football, keeping players, increasinging the size of your stadium (allowing you to pay higher wages) and generally progessing that little bit each season. Why take short term glory alone when long term glory is possible through the right work?

I am sick of having to go back to past successes all the time. It's time for THFC to have some new glories to sing about and in the modern age that has to be more than one FA Cup and a couple of League Cups every 20 years. It's time we were a title competing team again.

Smoked Salmon said:
Smolik said:

As I have pointed out in the past, 75% of league and FA Cup wins over the past 15 or so years have been won by teams in the top four. The fact is that if you finish routinely in the top four you will have better players over a longer period, even if some come and go. That's the reality of the game.

Frankly I don't want to look back in 20 years time and say "do you remember that cup win from 2012"? I want to look back in 20 years time and say "what about those 8 cups we won over the past two decades". That means keep getting CL football, keeping players, increasinging the size of your stadium (allowing you to pay higher wages) and generally progessing that little bit each season. Why take short term glory alone when long term glory is possible through the right work?

I am sick of having to go back to past successes all the time. It's time for THFC to have some new glories to sing about and in the modern age that has to be more than one FA Cup and a couple of League Cups every 20 years. It's time we were a title competing team again.
think I'll bugger off into the dreamland that is FM where I've built what we're all hoping will happen here out in the real world

Back
Top Bottom