Do you acknowledge other Spurs fans?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I always give a smile & some sort of ‘right on’ gesture, yeah

But I’m tribal like that. I also give a discerning nod & wave to fellow discovery drivers when my path crosses one on the road

Last edited:
Like if your at an airport,trainstation or simply walking down the street and it's not a matchday but they're wearing Tottenham a shirt/sweatop ect do you acknowledge it?
All the time :)
I can spot a Spurs supporter a mile away.
I was in the theatre when I noticed the guy in front of me had the Spurs app on his phone.
Whilst on a tour in Canada, our mini bus driver was a Spurs supporter, noticed he had a cockrel tattoo.
On a cruise ship with my mum, some guy had a THFC ring.
If I see anyone with a Spurs top walking around Romford I make a point of saying 'COYS' at least, as we tend to be outnumbered by Spammers in that part of town.
We are family.

If I see a kid in our area (Surrey/SW London) in a Spurs shirt then I’ll say “good shirt mate” or a quiet COYS. Need to encourage it against the tidal wave of Chav underclass vermin.

Usually I don't wear my scarf when on holidays in England (so except at the matches of course).
But did it last year in London walking along the Thames. Was really pleased to have some acklowlegments
And also while visiting Bath some days later. I really loved that "Come On You Spurs".
That was something special for me.

I always do , last Sunday at the Alderburgh food fest at Snape Maltings bumped into a couple with spurs logos on.
I never wear any club badge stuff so I am always the nutter that starts the quick chat.

I don’t think I need to. The look of beaten down frustration and a hint of optimism tends to give me away.

Not really on topic, but something that made me laugh the other week was when me and a fellow Spurs fan (neither of us wearing colours) were chatting outside of work, when a guy wearing a Woolwich hat came over asking for directions to the train station.

We both instinctively pointed in the opposite direction.

I don’t think I need to. The look of beaten down frustration and a hint of optimism tends to give me away.

Not really on topic, but something that made me laugh the other week was when me and a fellow Spurs fan (neither of us wearing colours) were chatting outside of work, when a guy wearing a Woolwich hat came over asking for directions to the train station.

We both instinctively pointed in the opposite direction.
In a slightly similar vein, I was out with my two young kids last weekend and a gooner was sat on his own on the train, with shirt and scarf. It was not their match day. I decided we’d sit next to him. Took off my coat to reveal a bright yellow Tottenham sweatshirt. Encouraged my kids to be really annoying - and sing. Nothing offensive. Just badly and loudly. Don’t think he was impressed. Covered his face and stormed out at the next station.

:nawty:

:walkercry:

:sherwoodwtf:

Not usually but I was at the Aldeburgh food fest a week ago and this weird dictator type came up to me and acknowledged my cock.

In a slightly similar vein, I was out with my two young kids last weekend and a gooner was sat on his own on the train, with shirt and scarf. It was not their match day. I decided we’d sit next to him. Took off my coat to reveal a bright yellow Tottenham sweatshirt. Encouraged my kids to be really annoying - and sing. Nothing offensive. Just badly and loudly. Don’t think he was impressed. Covered his face and stormed out at the next station.

:nawty:

:walkercry:

:sherwoodwtf:

As soon as he was out of sight we both started giggling like schoolgirls. No regrets.

It reminds me of a random chat I had in a pub one evening. I was watching some random match and got chatting to the bloke on the next table. We got on like a house on fire until we both revealed who we supported. I told him I was a Spurs fan...

“Is this a fucking joke?”

“No. Why? Who do you support?”

“West Ham”

“Oh West Ham. That’s nice.”

“Nice? We fuckin’ hate you.”

“Why?”

“Because you’re our fuckin’ enemy”

“No you’re not”

“Whaat?”

“Well you’re not. Woolwich are our rivals. Chelsea are a bunch of cunts. I thought Millwall were your rivals?”

“IT’S YOU, YOU CUNTS”

“Oh. I didn’t know that. Well I hope that works out well for you.” :vertna:

There's a guy in my gym who has a tattoo of the crest on his leg, sometimes wears the stadium top when he's there. I don't know him but I'm introvert like that.
Sometimes i go gym wearing the squad training top and nobody takes much notice either.

As soon as he was out of sight we both started giggling like schoolgirls. No regrets.

It reminds me of a random chat I had in a pub one evening. I was watching some random match and got chatting to the bloke on the next table. We got on like a house on fire until we both revealed who we supported. I told him I was a Spurs fan...

“Is this a fucking joke?”

“No. Why? Who do you support?”

“West Ham”

“Oh West Ham. That’s nice.”

“Nice? We fuckin’ hate you.”

“Why?”

“Because you’re our fuckin’ enemy”

“No you’re not”

“Whaat?”

“Well you’re not. Woolwich are our rivals. Chelsea are a bunch of cunts. I thought Millwall were your rivals?”

“IT’S YOU, YOU CUNTS”

“Oh. I didn’t know that. Well I hope that works out well for you.” :vertna:
"WE HATE YOU BECAUSE WE'RE SUPPOSED TO, THAT WAY WE GET A CUP FINAL EVERY YEAR"

All the time :)
I can spot a Spurs supporter a mile away.
I was in the theatre when I noticed the guy in front of me had the Spurs app on his phone.
Whilst on a tour in Canada, our mini bus driver was a Spurs supporter, noticed he had a cockrel tattoo.
On a cruise ship with my mum, some guy had a THFC ring.
If I see anyone with a Spurs top walking around Romford I make a point of saying 'COYS' at least, as we tend to be outnumbered by Spammers in that part of town.
We are family.

..... then you noticed the bloke down the street had Hoddle tattooed on his willy.

tVaXzcO.gif

Back
Top Bottom