Does Anyone Still Supporting Keeping Kane?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should We Have Sold?

• Total voters
Kane fucked everyone as soon as he did that Neville interview. He basically said "I have the power" which we couldn't let radiate throughout the club. It would mean current players could do the same and potential signings could look at us as a stepping stone. Going forward we can't have that.

Has it cost us, city, and the player? Yes. Who is to blame? The player!

We were backed into a corner and had no choice. I'm sure if it had been handled on Levy's terms he would have gone for upwards of £100m

What were we supposed to negotiate when there was no offer on the table?
Pretty clear from whining baby Pep , Levy was not willing to entertain an offer . Now I don’t like the man but at the time I understood Levy being so intransigent. With hindsight Levy looks foolish , but I didn’t expect Kane to be so poor , but was not unhappy he stayed at the time.

He clearly isn't interested,so should be dropped.
Maybe,just maybe if his England place is threatened he might start performing. There is still a great player in there. Sadly,I don't think we will see it again wearing a Spurs shirt.
There's a lot wrong with our club at the moment,and his attitude is one of them.

Yes. If we had sold Kane for 75m plus 25m add ons we would have probably bought Martinez as the replacement for about 70-80m. We would still be in exactly the same boat only Kane would be scoring loads for City and we would be waiting on our next manager.

Kane is a world class striker if he is motivated. Conte comes (he probably won’t) and we have a plan he will score plenty of goals. If City had gotten anywhere near the 150m I would have taken it as we could have bought 2-3 players rather than probably just 1 or 2 max. City and Charlie Kane fucked us leaving a lose lose situation.
Kane still wants to go though. Martinez would at least be younger and fitter and a new coach may well sort out our forward issue. Now Kane is on a fast track to the bench and completely worthless

Back
Top Bottom