Does it bother anyone else that our shittest CM pairing

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

frontwheel said:
Carlito Brigante said:
In my living memory at least will now be coaching the lads?

Fraud and Deadwood. Our midfield "enforcer" who ran away from Roy Keane when he went for him and a guy who had one good game for us.

I know good players dont always make good coaches....but the site of them together makes me feel ill.

:vdv:

<bloke off not sure meme pic>

Not sure if pessimistic fuckpig or troll. :)

Or just someone who is old enough to remember the fucking dire team we had back them.

Just hope those two dont try and have a kick about with the lads....any respect would instantly evaporate.

As for Fraud, dressing up like a clown and going to away games.....give me strength

yiddo2786 said:
If you think that playing ability positively correlates with coaching ability then you're sadly mistaken.

If anything it could be argued the opposite is true.

For a player to be a good coach they have develop an understanding of tactics and positional sense that a player with a god given natural talent would never have to learn.

Cant believe that people still think that great players = great coaches and/or vice versa.

Seeing as Roy Keane was mentioned, one of the best CMs of modern times, maybe one should reflect on his coaching abilities, and man management skills....then you could look back to what he did to Haaland and ask whether the fact he was a great footballer would be a good enough reason to have such a fucking psychotic scumbag teaching our younger players about discipline.

If Levy wants them at the club, then its good enough for me, so if the sight of them makes anyone feel sick, I'll happily hand you a bucket.

Carlito Brigante said:
As for Fraud, dressing up like a clown and going to away games.....give me strength

dHpQc.gif

What? It's great to see a player spend his own money on tickets and travel to an away match, rather than just showing up in a corporate box at WHL.

Ruducus said:
AVB has no experience as a professional coach. I don't think there's a correlation between playing and coaching ability

Should that be, 'AvB has no experience as a professional player'?

Carlito Brigante said:
frontwheel said:
Carlito Brigante said:
In my living memory at least will now be coaching the lads?

Fraud and Deadwood. Our midfield "enforcer" who ran away from Roy Keane when he went for him and a guy who had one good game for us.

I know good players dont always make good coaches....but the site of them together makes me feel ill.

:vdv:

<bloke off not sure meme pic>

Not sure if pessimistic fuckpig or troll. :)

Or just someone who is old enough to remember the fucking dire team we had back them.

Just hope those two dont try and have a kick about with the lads....any respect would instantly evaporate.

This may just be me... but could you just use their actual names? FFS, don't be a cunt.

sammyspurs said:
Carlito Brigante said:
Carlito Brigante said:
I know good players dont always make good coaches

:avbfacepalm:

So your point is that you fully understand that the point you are making in this thread is null and void?

:avbfacepalm: indeed

No. Clearly the point I am making is that two players who took much more out than they ever contributed have been rewarded for that with coaching contracts.

Do you honestly think that of all the coaches out there, we honestly couldnt do better than these two non-entities?

Carlito Brigante said:
No. Clearly the point I am making is that two players who took much more out than they ever contributed have been rewarded for that with coaching contracts.

Do you honestly think that of all the coaches out there, we honestly couldnt do better than these two non-entities?

I wouldnt know as I have no idea what their credentials are as COACHES. Do you? No, you are still judging their coaching abilities from your opinion of them as players.

Then you turn around and say "I know good players dont always make good coaches".

But you clearly think that poor players must make poor coaches?

WTF?

:wall: They aren't there as players. They've been away and in Freund's case got coaching badges and some experience with the Geman youth teams and Sherwood must have impressed Levy too, otherwise he'd be on his way out.

Would you rather we brought in David Ginola or Gazza because they were such good players and deserve a reward for that?

Got to separate your views of them as players, yes they may have been shit, and coaches. I'm a better player than some of the coaches I've had, but I couldn't do what they did half as well as them.

Cripps14 said:
Would you rather we brought in David Ginola or Gazza because they were such good players and deserve a reward for that?

Exactly this. Maybe they would prefer Ardiles as assistant too seeing as they've never heard of Luis Martins

sammyspurs said:
Carlito Brigante said:

I wouldnt know as I have no idea what their credentials are as COACHES. Do you? No, you are still judging their coaching abilities from your opinion of them as players.

Then you turn around and say "I know good players dont always make good coaches".

But you clearly think that poor players must make poor coaches?

WTF?

some pretty big leaps of faith in your logic there pal....but Im not going to sit here arguing with you about it.

Clearly and very coincidently the three best coaches avaible to us are three ex players.

And clearly the both have kicked that loser mentality when they were with us first time round.

Im just glad we are a very different club now.

Back
Top Bottom