Dulux spurs "jokes"

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We truly are a shit show of a club ain’t we ? Literally the laughing stock of the premier league every single season and we just don’t help ourselves. If people ain’t laughing at us in regards to our pathetic trophy less haul, they are taking the piss out of sponsorship deals etc. It’s a joke and the club literally have zero awareness when posting shite. A joke club run by money men that care only about profit than on field success.

Mate, seriously. Put yourself in the position of any company that has the budget to spend £25m per year over say 10yrs (£250m) on signing your name to a football stadium, do you seriously think you would do that now, at a time where there are no fans going to said stadium? Whilst you might have furloughed the vast majority of your staff during the pandemic?

Why are you knocking the Club for bringing in sponsorship deals? I believe, if my memory serves me correctly that no Club has grown their commercial activities on a % basis larger than Spurs over the last financial reporting period, right now I'd say any deal that comes in is very, very important to the Clubs future.

The results on the pitch, orchestrated by our special dinosaur only makes their job harder than it already is. It's a lot easier to get these deals over the line in the best of economic climates but when we are serving up the dross Jose is right now, out of top 4, no European football, let alone CL, we need to tip our hats in the direction of those pulling rabbits out of the hat and doing their jobs.

Imagine if you were Dulux or whoever, handing over a few million quid and then for that Club not to announce it, ie do exactly what the very definition of sponsorship money they are handing over to do. It's like writing a clause into Kane's contract not to assist or score goals!

The social media guy at Dulux should be given a fucking kicking and suspect that they already have as the deleted tweets are testament to a major fuck up on their part not ours. Then they say that there's no such thing as bad publicity and maybe he's getting a pat on the back as the tweets have gone viral???

Either way, our shitness is to do with Jose and the Social/Media/PR/Corp sales teams all are doing their jobs here.
Believe me, I know the chance has been and gone and baldilocks has literally cut his nose off to spite his face over the last 3 years.
There is absolutely no doubt he's turned down good money because he wanted more.

If I were Levy the agreed upon amount that Dulux sponsors us with just got doubled.

Don't break the sponsorship. Force an apology from whoever thought he was funny and increase the amount of money we make off of it.

Let Dulux cover our transfer window.
With a good emulsion

I think fair fucks take your medicine Levy! Business man my sweetly toned athletic arse! Club is a laughing stock so wear it, and then sort it out or do one. Hopefully this will get through to him.

Nowt to do with the social media team. These partnerships are announced all the time and everyone just ignores them.

It just so happens someone at Dulux decided to be a cunt this time
The Social media team are always at it.
After shocking matches they'd post the "highlights" or ask "who was your man of the match"

ALL they care about is likes and comments. If they got 500k angry faces and thousands of negative comments, they wouldn't care in the slightest.
The current climate is like and shares = success. It's why facebook is infested with fake posts to attract as many of those as possible. It's why people are willing to do more and more dumb shit and make themselevs look awful. It doesn't matter what the reaction, only that there IS a reaction.

It's also why FB and Twitter will allow outright racism, sexism and all the other isms, by faceless people,

We truly are a shit show of a club ain’t we ? Literally the laughing stock of the premier league every single season and we just don’t help ourselves. If people ain’t laughing at us in regards to our pathetic trophy less haul, they are taking the piss out of sponsorship deals etc. It’s a joke and the club literally have zero awareness when posting shite. A joke club run by money men that care only about profit than on field success.
Fucking hell, this is overly dramatic. Just how do you think we are laughing stocks of the Premier League? Are we on course to beat Derby County's all time record low points total? Or are we looking like spending a second year in Upper mid table? It's a come down from previous years ok, but hardly a catastrophe.

As for our meagre trophy return, I reckon there are maybe 5 clubs that have any business mocking us for that, the other 14 are just as bad if not worse. So again, laughing stock is melodramatic.

This really is a case of wetting the bed over First World problems, 99% of the football clubs in the UK would love to be in our current dire straits, a couple of cheap jokes from the Dulux hound doesn't alter that.

So a brand new club sponsor immediately jumps on the tired and boring empty trophy cabinet bandwagon. If the club had any sense they would tell Dulux to shove their sponsorship up their holes. How will we shift the image this club has unless there is a mentality shift. Can't be allowing supposed business partners publicly mock the club
Because we are crap

Fucking hell, this is overly dramatic. Just how do you think we are laughing stocks of the Premier League? Are we on course to beat Derby County's all time record low points total? Or are we looking like spending a second year in Upper mid table? It's a come down from previous years ok, but hardly a catastrophe.

As for our meagre trophy return, I reckon there are maybe 5 clubs that have any business mocking us for that, the other 14 are just as bad if not worse. So again, laughing stock is melodramatic.

This really is a case of wetting the bed over First World problems, 99% of the football clubs in the UK would love to be in our current dire straits, a couple of cheap jokes from the Dulux hound doesn't alter that.
Mate, I still get West Ham fans bringing up us going out of the league cup to Grimsby.
They've been relegared numerous times since then and been knocked out of Europe in July by famers, but to them, us losing to Grimsby is far more severe.
All PL fans relentlessly use our sale of VHS/DVD's of our matches. Still. Even though we don't sell them any more.
Never underestimate how much of a laughing stock we make ourselves.
We're not alone. But we are prolific.

The Social media team are always at it.
After shocking matches they'd post the "highlights" or ask "who was your man of the match"

ALL they care about is likes and comments. If they got 500k angry faces and thousands of negative comments, they wouldn't care in the slightest.
The current climate is like and shares = success. It's why facebook is infested with fake posts to attract as many of those as possible. It's why people are willing to do more and more dumb shit and make themselevs look awful. It doesn't matter what the reaction, only that there IS a reaction.

It's also why FB and Twitter will allow outright racism, sexism and all the other isms, by faceless people,
Kind of feel like they simply act as directed by the club, not like they find out on tribalfootball that we've signed a deal with Dulux and decide whether they feel like releasing a tweet about it.

I do wonder though on a semi related topic, at what point did it become necessary for football clubs to have official paint suppliers? And how many Spurs fans are going to rush out and buy Dulux now that wouldn't before? More than the number or Woolwich, Chelsea and West Ham fans that will now deliberately not by Dulux because of their association with us?

Kind of feel like they simply act as directed by the club, not like they find out on tribalfootball that we've signed a deal with Dulux and decide whether they feel like releasing a tweet about it.

I do wonder though on a semi related topic, at what point did it become necessary for football clubs to have official paint suppliers? And how many Spurs fans are going to rush out and buy Dulux now that wouldn't before? Mote than the number or Atsrnal, Chelsea and West Ham fans that will now deliberately not by Dulux because if their association with us?

All of our official "Partners"
HSBC - Official bank
Hewlett Packard - IT
William Hill - Betting
Fun888 - Betting
Betway - Betting
Audi - Cars
Libertex - Tading
Heineken - Beer
Monster - Energy drink
Khumo Tyres - you get the drift
EA -
IWC
Hotels.com
Vivopower - Batteries - fucking batteries
Cadbury
Hugo Boss (Nazi history at a Jewish club)

What it really means, is exclusive advertising.

Believe me, I know the chance has been and gone and baldilocks has literally cut his nose off to spite his face over the last 3 years.
There is absolutely no doubt he's turned down good money because he wanted more.
From who?

I am aware of a deal we closed with HSBC that ultimately got kyboshed by the big cheese's who preferred the demographic to Rugby than football (but they are still signed up as a partner).

And why diminish the role the commercial team are doing to bring in more deals than any other club right now (I think that's true). They all add up and aren't insignificant sums of money, and an increase of £26m over the previous year (to £162m). I think that's a significant sum of money.

Back
Top Bottom