Edgar Davids

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I read a interview.
When Davids and Zidane played both for Juventus ( 1997- 2001 and Davids until 2004) they masked and they played in the street with normal people.
Secretly from the team.
In particular Davids loved to drag Zidane and Montero: absurd. :)

I read a interview.
When Davids and Zidane played both for Juventus ( 1997- 2001 and Davids until 2004) they masked and they played in the street with normal people.
Secretly from the team.
In particular Davids loved to drag Zidane and Montero: absurd. :)

It's similar to when Kevin Prince Boateng couldn't get in the Spurs team so played at Power League

"Davids was a star. When he arrived at Tottenham he got 110% out of everyone.
One day we had just finished training. He was going around saying 'there's a meeting'.
We all thought the coach was there too. But no, there was only him.
He told us that he had won everything and that he was at the end of his career, but that if we achieved the same results we had to do much more, referring to the training that had just ended.
I remember a lot of people leaving almost laughing. But only later in my career did I understand that this is why he achieved everything he did in his career, because his mentality made you win games."
[Jermaine Jenas]

"Davids, if he lost two or three matches, he wouldn't say hello to you anymore. He was a juggler: so good that I never saw him get involved in the bullfight.
Once, then, in a match. Does he remember the game he plays in the commercial? The rubber band dribbling, the one with the inside-outside of the foot Ronaldinho style?
Well, we're playing, wait for the goalkeeper to come out and score just like that, but on the fly at half height!
Everyone's mouths open, Lippi whistles: "Guys, after a goal like this we're going to take a shower." And the training ends with applause.
For players like him it was worth paying for the ticket to the stadium."
[Paolo Monterò]

"My friend Edgar Davids and I often went to play with immigrants. He was crazy about it, he took the car and when he saw someone playing in a car park he stopped to join.
He always told me: 'It's them we have to play for, these are the important games.' And I told him: "Ok, but we have training, we belong to a high-level club, we can't risk getting injured".
At the same time, however, I admired him, because with little we gave unforgettable moments to our brothers."
[Zinedine Zidane]

"He was the opponent I liked the most. He would give me a blow and I would get up without saying anything. I would give him a blow and he would get up without saying anything. He on the left, I on the right: we always clashed. war.
Once in an interview I explained my way of seeing football. Before the next race Davids came to meet me. I thought it was time to fight, but instead he shook my hand and said: "Well done, I think exactly like you." We became friends and we still talk today."
[Matias Almeyda]

He is the most loved Pitbull of the 90s.
Happy Birthday Edgar Davids. ❤

One day we had just finished training. He was going around saying 'there's a meeting'.
He told us that he had won everything and that he was at the end of his career, but that if we achieved the same results we had to do much more, referring to the training that had just ended.
I remember a lot of people leaving almost laughing. But only later in my career did I understand that this is why he achieved everything he did in his career, because his mentality made you win games."
[Jermaine Jenas]

"Davids, if he lost two or three matches, he wouldn't say hello to you anymore. He was a juggler: so good that I never saw him get involved in the bullfight.
Once, then, in a match. Does he remember the game he plays in the commercial? The rubber band dribbling, the one with the inside-outside of the foot Ronaldinho style?
Well, we're playing, wait for the goalkeeper to come out and score just like that, but on the fly at half height!
Everyone's mouths open, Lippi whistles: "Guys, after a goal like this we're going to take a shower." And the training ends with applause.
[Paolo Monterò]

"My friend Edgar Davids and I often went to play with immigrants. He was crazy about it, he took the car and when he saw someone playing in a car park he stopped to join.
He always told me: 'It's them we have to play for, these are the important games.' And I told him: "Ok, but we have training, we belong to a high-level club, we can't risk getting injured".
At the same time, however, I admired him, because with little we gave unforgettable moments to our brothers."
[Zinedine Zidane]

"He was the opponent I liked the most. He would give me a blow and I would get up without saying anything. I would give him a blow and he would get up without saying anything. He on the left, I on the right: we always clashed. war.
Once in an interview I explained my way of seeing football. Before the next race Davids came to meet me. I thought it was time to fight, but instead he shook my hand and said: "Well done, I think exactly like you." We became friends and we still talk today."
[Matias Almeyda]

Interesting fellow.

One of my favourites growing up with those distinct glasses of his, and nowadays I can't help but see a little Brad Pitt in his appearance. Anyone else?

1679643313689_c00738a5-48dd-4db4-b32e-f93112d758d8.jpg

Interesting fellow.

One of my favourites growing up with those distinct glasses of his, and nowadays I can't help but see a little Brad Pitt in his appearance. Anyone else?

1679643313689_c00738a5-48dd-4db4-b32e-f93112d758d8.jpg
I've also always thought that they look similar in a certain way. At Juventus I loved this player: determination, technique, a pitbull! Legend has it, later confirmed, that he often played on the street: sometimes he brought Zidane!

I've also always thought that they look similar in a certain way. At Juventus I loved this player: determination, technique, a pitbull! Legend has it, later confirmed, that he often played on the street: sometimes he brought Zidane!
It was an iconic team in the early 00s, Nedved another of my favourites of that time!

My friend Edgar Davids and I often went to play with immigrants. He was crazy about it, he took the car and when he saw someone playing in a car park he stopped to join.
[Zinedine Zidane]

[Jermaine Jenas]

[Paolo Monterò]

[Zinedine Zidane]

[Matias Almeyda]

This, for me.

I think we all know Tottenham were behind the curve with training, attitude, winners in the 1990s and early 2000s.

I recall hearing something similar where Rio Ferdinand said that Ronaldo would be training after and as they were going home they’d laugh at the silly things he did, but he responded, “yes, I know I look silly but I (want/will?) be the best player in the world” - I also have a few Portuguese friends who relate that he was always seen training.

Winners are cut from a different cloth.

[Jermaine Jenas]

[Paolo Monterò]

[Zinedine Zidane]

[Matias Almeyda]

For me, the signing of Davids was the start of Spurs becoming a serious team in the premier League. It was an exciting time

He even kicked off with the air stewardess when I was sitting in the seats in front of him on a flight a few years ago. She wanted to give him change from his sandwich in Euro's but he demanded Pounds. Must have been about £2.50 or something in total.

On the positive side, he posed for my avatar pic so not all bad.

Just for clarity, I have changed my profile pic since posting this story in 2014.

I do not believe that Edgar Davids is Jeremy Corbyn.

Back
Top Bottom