England vs. Germany June 29th 2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I am more worried about south gates insistence that he does not tell his team to sit back......where have I heard that before!

I don't get the hate for the Germans, would rather them than the Dutch ( who are as bad us for still dining out on past teams) or the fickle French who only turn up when their teams are winning. on their day they have always been a side I enjoyed watching and until recently they have that will to win. Of course they will be called every name under the sun from 5pm tomorrow and I think we will beat them.
I can’t see anyone beating Italy and they seem to be getting stronger like they did in 1982

Moments come and those with doubts are silenced.

Tomorrow offers Kane (but more importantly England) the opportunity to put to bed those like me who question his standing as one of the world's very best strikers.

It is simply too easy to trot out numbers without looking at the context, so tomorrow, in a game that many will call evenly matched Kane, as captain and top-rated striker should be a key difference.

He has it in him I have no question but can he find it when it matters? For me that has been a resounding no to date.

Cometh that hour we shall see...
You’re obsessed.

If we go out tomorrow Southgate has to Go! Unless he is coming to Spurs then he can fucking stay!
But in all seriousness this is the first real test of the tournament , i hate the football we play, its boring but who ever wins tomorrow surely has to be favourite for making the final, if Southgate can manage that then i will admit i was wrong! I still think our tournament ends tomorrow though, us playing Germany is like Spurs Playing Liverpool! We rarely fucking win!

history is definitely against us, but on paper we are just as good as them if not better.

If the Scotland game was too big for these players I’ve got serious doubts about how we will handle the pressure

if ever there was a moment for Kane to show his best and prove he can do it in a huge game it’s now.

Few things from me regarding England and why I will be so disappointed if we don't win tomorrow

- The players in this squad are getting praised and bigged up massively, which for me means they need to perform. This isn't a 'potential tournament'.

- We undoubtedly have a massive advantage with pretty much all our games being played at Wembley. I don't quite know how we managed to wangle that to be honest with you.

- If we thought the 2018 World Cup draw was favourable, this draw (with home advantage) and route is a massive plus.

I also hate this hype of suddenly expecting to pull a world class performance out the bag against the Germans when I don't think we have played that well for a long time. How easy is it to switch from playing very conservatively/defensive to being able to produce a more attacking performance.

Would love to see us win tomorrow.

As good a place as any.

BBC Sport traces the history of one of the toughest jobs in sport - the England football manager.

Using rare archive and new interviews with current manager Gareth Southgate and former England managers Sven-Goran Eriksson, Fabio Capello, Roy Hodgson and Sam Allardyce, we hear first-hand the personal toll the so-called impossible job has taken on some of the game's most successful club managers.

With contributions from former England captains Gary Lineker, Alan Shearer and Rio Ferdinand, along with key decision makers from within football, we take a closer look at what it will take to end England's years of hurt.

As good a place as any.

BBC Sport traces the history of one of the toughest jobs in sport - the England football manager.

Using rare archive and new interviews with current manager Gareth Southgate and former England managers Sven-Goran Eriksson, Fabio Capello, Roy Hodgson and Sam Allardyce, we hear first-hand the personal toll the so-called impossible job has taken on some of the game's most successful club managers.

With contributions from former England captains Gary Lineker, Alan Shearer and Rio Ferdinand, along with key decision makers from within football, we take a closer look at what it will take to end England's years of hurt.

:pochshock:

I still haven't got over 1990.
Or 1996

Or 1998

Or 2004

Or 2006

Or 2012

6 tournaments.... Nearly in a row going out in the worst possible way on penalties ....... All games we arguably should have won in normal time....... It's like a curse or something.

Its incredible and I doubt any other country has had that much heartbreak.

Last edited:
If we go out tomorrow Southgate has to Go! Unless he is coming to Spurs then he can fucking stay!
But in all seriousness this is the first real test of the tournament , i hate the football we play, its boring but who ever wins tomorrow surely has to be favourite for making the final, if Southgate can manage that then i will admit i was wrong! I still think our tournament ends tomorrow though, us playing Germany is like Spurs Playing Liverpool! We rarely fucking win!

We always fail when we face a big side. I’m really not getting my hopes up. I just don’t think Southgate is smart enough to get us through the game.

Back
Top Bottom