England vs Spain (Euro Under 21 Final)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Think this is deserving of it own thread in time for tomorrow. Will be a tough game against a good Spanish side but one I believe we can and will win as long as we don't freeze on the big occasion.

I've managed to watch all the games and have been really impressed with us. The only team that have truly given us a test was the Portuguese in the second half where we hung in and showed a lot of resilience. We may need some of that at times tomorrow. There's been a lot of good individual performances but the standouts for me, in no particular order, have been Colwill, Gomes, Jones and Ramsey, until the latter got injured. But just about everyone has contributed at some point.

Win or lose I think it's another indication just how much our football has improved since the turn of the century. No longer are we relying largely on set-pieces to win us games. I wouldn't be surprised to see the senior team make a final sooner rather than later as they did a couple of years ago in the Euros.

Also a word for Carsley too. I always thought Aidy Bothroyd was terrible, but thought Carsley was also a helpless appointment that got the job based on next to nothing. But to get us organised and playing some great football, and into a final, he deserved a lot of credit.

No reason to really change the team too much from the Israel game, went for Madueke in for Palmer and Aarons in for Thomas.

Trafford
Garner
THB
Colwill
Aarons
Madueke
Gomes
Jones
Smith-Rowe
Gordon
Gibbs-White
lineup code
[lineup="numbers"]
1Trafford
14Garner 5THB 4Colwill 2Aarons
23Madueke 21Gomes 17Jones 10Smith-Rowe
11Gordon 7Gibbs-White
[/lineup]

Excuse me if I appear a bit pedantic. But, edit the title (2021). It threw me for a moment.

How the fuck did I put 2021 and then also not even notice?!

Stupidity Are You Stupid GIF

Back
Top Bottom