ENIC are not the problem

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not a fan of levy and ENIC but I also remember the sugar era with disgust.There was a period where we were truly awful.As bad as things appear I couldn't have some one like sugar or a tan type bloke.
Be careful what you wish for.

I assume you'd rather we still have the debt, 15th place finishes, shit training facilities and not even a hope of a new stadium we had under the previous owner?

we had plans in place to expand the stadium under sugar, they of course were "SHELFed" when Levy and co arrived.

we've finished 14th since sugar went,

and our training facilities are working wonders arent they

all-the-gear-but-no-idea-small.jpg

Sugar signed Klinsmann twice, Levy got a letter from Rivaldo

actually fucking astounds me how people still stand up for levy and enic

I'm not happy with many decisions by ENIC including the new stadium debacle and they have made some bad decisions over the years but if ever the bubble bursts with the money making in football and indeed it could happen we are in a relatively safe position and may even be able to capitalize on it.I would rather have the football club that I and my family have supported over 3 generations safe guarded than have a one season wonder scraping in the champions league and then sweating about name changes and standing down the high road with a bucket helping to pay the next tax bill.

I'm not happy with many decisions by ENIC including the new stadium debacle and they have made some bad decisions over the years but if ever the bubble bursts with the money making in football and indeed it could happen we are in a relatively safe position and may even be able to capitalize on it.I would rather have the football club that I and my family have supported over 3 generations safe guarded than have a one season wonder scraping in the champions league and then sweating about name changes and standing down the high road with a bucket helping to pay the next tax bill.

Thats the spirit #AudereEstFacere

we had plans in place to expand the stadium under sugar, they of course were "SHELFed" when Levy and co arrived.

We've not finished outside the top 6 for 5 seasons in a row, consistent league form we've not had since the 60s.

We've also achieved this during the period of football where billionaires entered the game and bought success - meanwhile, we're not even on the radar of concern of financial fair play.

It's embarrassing how many stupid views are expressed on the subject. Everyone whinges like fuck about the board having patience and yet it's melts-r-us every season after 10 games with cries of despair. It's like people expect either:

a) The club to make no money and turn into Portsmouth; or
b) A chairman with a crystal ball who can predict the best manager and players to sign

Be sure to tell the fans of the other 90 badly run clubs in the league how bad we've got it....

I have friends who are Portsmouth and Wimbledon fans and I'm telling you they would rather that the football club they love and cherished were run in a sensible way.
I've been a spurs fan for 35 years and I would take a safe financially run football club rather than levy shoving the bank statements under the sofa although he needs to get a grip with certain points and maybe sitting in the park lane on a cup night may bring him down a peg or two.

I have friends who are Portsmouth and Wimbledon fans and I'm telling you they would rather that the football club they love and cherished were run in a sensible way.
I've been a spurs fan for 35 years and I would take a safe financially run football club rather than levy shoving the bank statements under the sofa although he needs to get a grip with certain points and maybe sitting in the park lane on a cup night may bring him down a peg or two.

What do your Wimbledon fan friends think of Levy trying to take us to Stratford?

What do your Wimbledon fan friends think of Levy trying to take us to Stratford?

He did worry about it tbh mate but now they are building (hopefully)a stadium then all good.
He hasn't got problem with us moving to MK Dons because he doesn't recognise them as a football club as he is a Wimbledon supporter and was part of the AFC Wimbledon set up.

I'm sorry but I could not agree less with this. I for one am questioning ENIC and I was very sceptical of Redknapp being sacked. Look at the most successful clubs not bought by Russians or oil in the PL era (United, south london pricks, & even Liverpool) they all have 1 thing in common manager continuity. Ferguson 20+ years in charge, Pedo 14 or something, both Houlier and Rafa both got 6 years which would be seen as an eternity at our club.

ENIC haven't had a single manager last close to any of those time-frames and we've had little to no success. Coincidence? I think not

From bottom to 8th then 4th, 5th, 4th under Redknapp. Whatever else went on, in a results driven business he brought the results. Yes we should have finished 4th, 5th, 3rd but, look where we are since and now!

The football has been dross for the most part, 3 unproven managers, world-class players out and mainly average or (maybe) potentially good players in. Stadium seems no nearer in reality.

This is what most fans see, they're not stupid for not being grateful that things could be worse.

Can anyone name an owner/chairman making a better job of running a club using a sustainable model in similar circumstances ?

Seriously? How far back do you want to go? The worst of all answers but an absolutely true one has been staring down its nose at us since 1988 in my opinion.

That is seriously the best which you can do?

Back
Top Bottom