Episode 21 discussion ideas

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

RickyTFC

The Fighting Cock
As everyone has noticed, the scum down the road have unveiled three statues of their past 'legends' Mr Scum if you will. What I would like to know is, who are the three Tottenham players you would have outside WHL?

Blanchflower

Perryman

Hoddle

Was discussing this the other day. I'd have:

Blanchflower
Perryman
Bill Nic

Not sure what 'modern day' player would be statue-worthy - 'Gazza'?

You're in a locked room with Chris Foy. You have an hour and have been promised no recriminations. How do you creatively kill the cunt?

AberdeenYid said:
You're in a locked room with Chris Foy. You have an hour and have been promised no recriminations. How do you creatively kill the cunt?

He probably wouldn't see it coming...

I've been catching up on previous episodes. Why not have a look back at some of the points that people have made (mainly Gary to be fair) and see how they have done.

Harry as a manager, Friedel in goal, Harry kane being a star this year, Adebayor not coming etc

It really is quite funny.

I'm always right. If you think I'm not then you misheard or just didn't understand what I was saying.

Is it time to just hope man city stuff everyone (except us)? We have a realistic chance of a top 4 finish, but I think title aspirations are a way off.

When I'm a playing poker tournament I always like there to be a HUGE chip leader at the table. Obviously I'd rather it was me, but as long as there is someone bullying everybody else, being aggressive and stealing chips all the time I don't mind. It means everyone knows where they stand - I can just wait patiently whilst those around slip up and I can consolidate a place in the money, which is the least you can hope for if you have a massive deficit.

City are chip leaders. Let them bully everyone whilst we quietly go about our business avoiding trouble.

As I said in my Don't Panic post - we need 21 wins - that means another 11 wins out of our remaining 24. With another 5 draws that should be enough - especially if City are doing us favours by beating Chelsea and Woolwich.

Also, I'd rather take third and avoid having to qualify.

Thoughts on the F.A. Cup?

Thelonious Filth said:
Perryman
Blanchflower
Gary Doherty

^this^

I've heard a few people in various places talking about Friedel in recent weeks saying that he's done a great job calming down the back line but he doesn't command his area enough to be top drawer. Does Sunday's performance back that opinion up? Or is it just down to the absence of the King?

Should Parker be rested soon (Sunday)? Personally think we are in danger of running him into the ground unless we rotate sensibly, and Sandro's not bad is he?

How many of the next 7 games (pre-City) are we going to smash up? I'm going for SEVEN...title decider in Jan then?

How big is January going to be?

5 games - 4 at home - all the home games against teams currently in the bottom half of the table.
City away in the mix as well but a good run of home wins will set us up very nicely.
Same time the red scum, blue scum and scouse scum all play 4 games of which 3 are away.

Personally think we could lose ground over Xmas - Chelsea home, then we have two away games when the historical top 4 have 2 home games - so avoiding a knee jerk reaction if we do drop points is a lot easier when you look at our January fixtures.

West Brom
Everton
Wolves
Man City
Wigan

Also, if the 'title contender credential' bollocks go away and we can put our head down again and crack on with our winning ways, is it a relief we lost that game yesterday? Call me cynical but I was almost getting sickly worried about every game and feared losing more and more that after yesterdays game I'll be a bit more calm. To me, we didn't play well in the first half and got mugged in the second but saw a lot of fight in us which made me dead proud of our attitude later on.

Back
Top Bottom