Episode 24 questions

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would the cocks prefer 4th place with Woolwich finishing 3rd, or 5th place with them lot in 6th?
CL or that 'feeling' many of us have never seen/felt.

Personally I'd opt for the latter.

You've been priced out of Tottenham, and the club has become a shadow of itself. You and other fans decide to start a new club to replace the Tottenham shaped hole in your heart.

What do you call it?

Are people who leave games early sub-human scum? You don't leave the cinema 5 minutes before the end of the film so why do it at a football match?

After the #AskJack debacle on twitter last week, if you could ask one member of the Pod one question, what would it be? (they have to answer)

You talked about FFP last week, and how it won't be good for clubs beyond the big 6 right now. What would you think about having revenue sharing in the Premier League like there is in North American sports leagues?

You talked about FFP last week, and how it won't be good for clubs beyond the big 6 right now. What would you think about having revenue sharing in the Premier League like there is in North American sports leagues?
There already is revenue sharing in the PL, which is why, like Miles said on the FM podcast, it's worth more to the owners of Udinese and Watford for Watford to get promoted than for Udinese to make the CL!

Part of the TV pie is split evenly among all the clubs. Then some clubs get extra money based on how many times they are televised, which is an edge that Man U often enjoys. I imagine that clubs share equally whatever money Barclays is paying for naming rights, etc., as well (and similar income that goes to the PL as a whole). In this way, the PL is similar to MLB, although MLB tries to give a bigger slice of the TV pie to teams that make less money in gate receipts, iirc. MLB, like NFL (I think?!?) pools gate receipts as well and distributes those evenly, but doing so has certainly has not helped introduce parity. I've recommended a million times here the blog post "The revolution will be televised" from Swiss Ramble. It's a bit dated now, since it doesn't include the BT bid, but it does show how much revenue is shared in the various top leagues.

Back
Top Bottom