Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Now where have we heard this one before...?

Harry Redknapp sees Gareth Bale becoming great left-back | The National

Yeah, I think he's doing just fine as a midfielder, Harry.

hcLJxaH.gif

I hope not.

I was never entirely convinced with him at centre half, though he had the qualities, far too easily beaten in the air, too slow to react and always lost his man. Which is strange considering how different it is when he plays central midfield, maybe he was more time to react in central midfield but even when he played centre half away at Watford, he was beaten to easily and was slow to react when Ighalo embarrassed him.

Keep him central midfield please. Happy for him to slot in there if needed at last resort though.

Just saw this... about 3 days too late, but hey;

Quote from Eric Dier, after being asked whether he was tired after playing the most minutes of everybody at Spurs and his 43rd start to the season:
"I'm not tired, I'm enjoying it! I don't think there's any excuse to be tired. All I do is play football every day. I'm not doing anything else so there's no reason for me to be tired. I'm enjoying every minute of it. You only play football for 10 years -- there's no point being tired for some of that"
...what a quote... what a man
:dier:

His passing today was improved compared to the last couple of games. He kept finding that angled pass to Walker in space. Great stuff.

Defensively sound as always, although that attempted challenge on Grabban was pretty hasardous.

You know what the best thing about Dier is? His positioning.

Rarely has to make a last ditch tackle or many slide tackles because he's positioned perfectly. This is something he's improved on as the season has gone on.

Back
Top Bottom