Erling Braut Haaland - The future of football

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They definitely tweaked it. I think he's fascinating. Amazing goalscorer not the best footballer I've ever seen. He has one big thing g owing for him ego not an issue. Inter played him personally very well a few sides have. But he gets it and goes fine I'll let others win it if I can't. Good lad.

I have to say Pep’s system (there was an article on it somewhere, I think the Athletic). He switched to a 3241 type system, full backs play defensive and have to be good at 1 v 1 to protect the flanks (Walker, Ankanji, Ake rather than Zinchenko or Cancelo) for counter attacks this allowed Stones to go forward next to Rodri and Stones or Rodri could support the attack.

with and extra player forward this allowed Haaland’s lack of build/link play not to impact so much the space they create while keeping the Haaland monster on the pitch for goals. Pep is a strong principles man and has all the money in the world but I have to respect how he adapted to a player who isn’t a normal fit.

Was trying to think of what this guy reminded of as there was something very familiar about him.

Then it clicked…

The evil pigs from Shaun The Sheep - quite apt.

0fb847ea90e4acd6922baa0b8f6fa400.jpg

Man City's Erling Haaland dresses in traditional Viking attire as he poses in a freezing Norwegian fjord for a stunning photoshoot... which almost led to a multi-million pound lawsuit!​

• Erling Haaland recently appeared in an iconic photoshoot in Norway
  • The Man City striker posed with traditional Viking attire during the photo session
  • Mail Sport's new WhatsApp Channel: Get the breaking news and exclusives here
By RYAN WALKER FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 09:12 BST, 26 September 2023

Erling Haaland has harnessed his inner Viking after appearing dressing as one for a one-off photoshoot dressed as one in a Norway fjord.
The Manchester City superstar has emerged as one of the top strikers in world football, but recently took time out of his busy schedule to return to his homeland for a special opportunity.
Vikings have a long-associated history with Norway and City supporters have been seen donning iconic cultural fashion in homage to Haaland's heritage at matches. Now Haaland has joined in on the action himself.

The 23-year-old teamed up with renowned fine-art photographer David Yarrow as the pair settled in the shallows of a freezing Norwegian fjord for the unusual snapshot opportunity.
Haaland usually avoids appearing in the media spotlight but was convinced of getting involved in the photoshoot after a conversation between his dad Alfie and the Scottish photographer.
Erling Haaland channels his inner-Viking as he dresses in traditional attire for a photoshoot

Erling Haaland channels his inner-Viking as he dresses in traditional attire for a photoshoot

The Man City superstar poses in a freezing Norwegian fjord with an axe and shield for renowned fine-art photographer David Yarrow (left)

The Man City superstar poses in a freezing Norwegian fjord with an axe and shield for renowned fine-art photographer David Yarrow (left)

Haaland shares a laugh with the Scottish photographer during the shoot earlier this month

Haaland shares a laugh with the Scottish photographer during the shoot earlier this month

The limited images will set prospective buyers back £35,000 - £40,000 with all proceedings raised through picture sales going to charity

The limited images will set prospective buyers back £35,000 - £40,000 with all proceedings raised through picture sales going to charity

Profits from the images will go to a charitable cause in Norway, selected by Haaland

Profits from the images will go to a charitable cause in Norway, selected by Haaland

How many goals per season would Kane score for City? Haaland should be fined a weeks wages for his performance today. He has one job, and his team mates made it almost impossible to not do it twice today and both times he shit the bed. He should've had that game out of sight for City, but fortunately for us it appears he's not the messiah.

How many goals per season would Kane score for City? Haaland should be fined a weeks wages for his performance today. He has one job, and his team mates made it almost impossible to not do it twice today and both times he shit the bed. He should've had that game out of sight for City, but fortunately for us it appears he's not the messiah.
Put Harry in the best teams in their leagues for the majority of his career and he outscores this Aryan version of fucking Herman Munster every time.
Far more.

I prefer to credit our team with a good performance instead of saying we only got a point because Haaland didn't turn up. We earned that point fair and square and our players worked insanely hard to make it happen.

Bring on the Hammers.

When he was shouting in the refs face yesterday I hope the ref reminded him of the open goal he missed.
Not only refs fuck up .

I also think Ben or Pedro gets Grealish here, so not as easy a chance as all the city fans are saying.

1 on 3... is that really an advantage?

I've played at plenty of different levels (school, county, academy, amateur, hackney marshes, Saturday leagues etc) and I'd imagine most of the ref would bring it back for the foul here.

Unfortunately for the ref, its a compounding decision after many odd ones through his 23/24 season so far and so he'll have to turn his phone off for a week

Can't believe he's not being done via disciplinary panel for this. Was a shocker of a mistake, and I understand his reaction in game. But to do this in the cold light of day after the event. Nah, not for me. That's bringing the game into disrepute / questioning the referee. And although I don't think ref's are or should be untouchable, there are better ways of going about letting the relevant people understand your grievances.

Back
Top Bottom