Erling Braut Haaland - The future of football

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

bitch.png

What exactly is your point? Bugger off.

They couldn't .... he wanted to sign for a low fee with a low buyout to a club that would guarantee him playing time and allow him to move on in twelve months if a 'big' club came calling ... how does that work for any club looking long term?

There will be more of these 'feeder club deals' there already are, the downside for teams like Dortmund is they will constantly be in rebuilding mode with their best players always leaving ... makes the owners a lot of money, but over time will piss off a lot of their fans.

Imagine us selling Kane or Dele on a buyout clause for half their real value a year into a three year contract ... the Levy haters would explode.

Absolutely. The buy out clause is ideal for Dortmund because they seldom risk their top 3-4 status in the Bundesliga so a rebuild doesn't damage them as much as a PL team battling it out with 6-8 teams for those European places like we will see happen over the next couple of seasons.

I'm certain there have been plenty of players we have missed out on because of our stance on no buy outs. Brandt, Alena, Odergaard, Hakimi we could have got on loans, Ceballos is another but the option to buy is vital so we don't just develop players for others. We don't take as many steps forward but we aren't at big risk of taking huge steps back without the financial cushion of having and developing our own.

Haaland is a special talent but with Kane at the club and with what will definitely be a buyout clause wedged into his contract we were never a goer on reality. The kid made a smart choice and good for him.

Last edited:
Top striker? You've watched a lot of this player? I would hazard a guess the answer is no...

BTW, he's a staunch Leeds fan, so I doubt he'd play for Utd.
Do you think being a fan of a certain club would stop you signing for another club be it their/your clubs rival?

Top striker? You've watched a lot of this player? I would hazard a guess the answer is no...

BTW, he's a staunch Leeds fan, so I doubt he'd play for Utd.
LOL

Carragher, Gerrard and Owen grew up Everton. Bergkamp grew up Spurs. Huddlestone supported Chelsea. Isco is a Barcelona fan. Raul is Atletico. Lallana is Everton. Aurier is Woolwich.

History is riddled with players playing for the rival of the team they support.

LOL

Carragher, Gerrard and Owen grew up Everton. Bergkamp grew up Spurs. Huddlestone supported Chelsea. Isco is a Barcelona fan. Raul is Atletico. Lallana is Everton. Aurier is Woolwich.

History is riddled with players playing for the rival of the team they support.
Well I’m looking at it from a professional aspect if it’s your job then you do what’s needed in the majority of cases.......but obviously there would be exceptions to the rule but perhaps not because they supported a certain club but went to a rival
We know the main one?
Figo
Law
Johnstone

Back
Top Bottom