Erling Braut Haaland - The future of football

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's a big, ugly geezer, wouldn't like to meet him on a dark night.
Scared Saturday Night Live GIF by HULU

He's incredible.
That was my assessment when I saw him against West Ham yesterday. Very good off the ball and getting himself involved in the game but unlike Harry he's a lot more direct in his play. Erling isn't trying to be a number 10, he's saying "Here I am! Give me the ball so I can go downfield and score again!".

We can't deny that Man City will be much harder to beat with him in their team. Difficult but not impossible - our defenders will have their work cut out to anticipate his runs.

I mean he’s big, strong and fast, and he looks like a classic Bond villain. But those shorts aren’t doing him any favours. Looks a bit like a cocktail sausage, rather than a proper wurst. He’ll be exposed when he’s being marked by Mr King Dong, Eric Dier, and Eric nonchalantly tucks his own old fellah into the top of his socks.

I reckon our usual style will work on him. Have Benta/Romero anticipate the pass to him and cut off the supply.

The rest sit back and crowd him out if he does get the ball. Him coughing up the ball could be a a good way to trigger counter attacks.

It is insane how well he has started.

I'm sure that it helps playing for City, who look like they're going to win the league by 20 points this season.

It's alright for some.

Fascinating that Haaland is seen to be a 'bargain' for £50m which to a certain extent is true but isn't his wages like 500k a week. Is it any wonder that not another club had a chance so I wouldn't really call it a bargain.

Back
Top Bottom