Euro 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

SpiderSpurs

Supporter
🪃🦘 Bonza!! 🦘🪃
Being held in Germany, qualifying groups have just been drawn...

How does it work?​

There are seven groups with five countries - and three groups with six teams in them. The four Nations League finalists - Croatia, the Netherlands, Italy and Spain - have gone into the smaller groups.

The top two teams in each of the 10 groups qualify directly for Euro 2024.

Germany automatically qualify as hosts, while the remaining three teams will come via the Nations League play-offs.

The groups start on 23 March and end on 21 November 2023.

Last edited:
It's funny seeing lots of English people on social media despairing that they drew us while we're despairing that we drew North Macedonia

Jokes aside, we should both be fine but after the last 5 years I'll probably never underestimate a tournament qualifier in my life again

At least we'll have a decent manager for this.

We are gonna have to have a terrible WC for Gary to be sacked (i.e not make it out of the group). I don't see him resigning either (he's quietly arrogant/deluded - delete as applicable.)......

The '2 good tournaments out of 3' narrative will be spun which will be enough to protect him..... He has some pretty damn entrenched support from some fans, media and FA.

We are gonna have to have a terrible WC for Gary to be sacked (i.e not make it out of the group). I don't see him resigning either (he's quietly arrogant/deluded - delete as applicable.)......

The '2 good tournaments out of 3' narrative will be spun which will be enough to protect him..... He has some pretty damn entrenched support from some fans, media and FA.
It's a distinct possibility we don't get out the group.

USA are one good striker away from being a top team...... Iran just beat Uruguay and Wales are...... We'll they're Wales and they'll be busting a gut to beat us.

I can see us drawing 3 or even losing to USA/Wales.

I think Gary is gone if we don't make quarters..... Whether he just calls it a day or is pushed is hard to tell, but the media are already murmuring about him.

I agree with that until you see israel second seed

Presumably they have amassed enough co-efficient points for that to come to pass.....

This is why those that say the Nations League is meaningless are wrong.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom