Europa Conference League 2021/22; potential QR2 vs Honka Espoo

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How far will we reach?

• Total voters
We all know what happens, we sorta kinda try in each cup which spreads our squad thin and we end up fucking them all up at once.

I'd be fine with us sending out a yoof team in this competition in order to focus on winning an FA Cup ect.

No disrespect to anyone from Albania but the fact the final of this terrible competition is being played there says it all.

What final is played at a 20,000 capacity stadium?

Absolute tin pot competition that we should have no first team players anywhere near unless we make the later stages.

Yes kind of a shittier version of EL, but still some decent teams from other European leagues. I think that Roma, Borussia Monchengladbach (sp?), Marseilles are in it. Not amazing teams but not all Bulgarian 4th division clubs either.
Does it go on for as long, have the same number of teams in it, number of games/rounds? League format, top two teams qualify for knockout phase?

It´s actually Union Berlin - not BM.

And it´s between Lens and Rennes - not OM.

Also, if Villarreal beat United, Spain will have no teams in the new tournament.

Yes I went and looked for myself and realized the names that I heard were wrong.

I think it also could be Sassulo instead of Roma, but most likely Roma will be there.

Does it go on for as long, have the same number of teams in it, number of games/rounds? League format, top two teams qualify for knockout phase?

I don't know much and am just going off Wikipedia.

It looks like we have to play one qualifying game and then will be in the group stages with 32 teams and then 16 teams into the knockout.

FYI.

Qualifying round dates​

PhaseFirst legSecond leg
First QualifyingJuly 8July 15
Second Qualifying (Scottish teams enter)July 22July 29
Third QualifyingAugust 5August 12
Play-offs (English team enters)August 19August 26

Group stage dates​

Matchday 1September 16
Matchday 2September 30
Matchday 3October 21
Matchday 4November 4
Matchday 5November 25
Matchday 6December 9
The final will take place on May 25 in Tirana, Albania.

Knockout phase dates​

PhaseFirst legSecond leg
Knockout play-offsFebruary 17February 24
Round of 16March 10March 17
Quarter-finalsApril 7April 14
Semi-finalsApril 28May 5
Final:May 25

Let’s be honest...if we made the final of this, none of us would turn up our noses at it.
None of us should turn our noses up at it.

One of the dumbest things this club and fanbase has developed over the years is a sense of entitlement were we seem to think that we are above competitions like this, the EL, the FA and league cups. And that only the league and CL titles matter.

Back
Top Bottom