Europa League - Tottenham Vs LASK, Thursday 22nd Oct, 8pm KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Three points, a clean sheet and a win to start the EL group stage in a tough and crowded fixture schedule.
Job done, could have scored a few more but it’s a good start.

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I thought this game was much more about how terribly LASK played than how well we played. They were awful. AWFUL. I thought we were merely OK. Reguilon was fantastic. Vinicius made some nice passes. Son very good off the bench. Doherty and Winks looked below average to me. I wasn't nearly as convinced by our CBs today as everybody else despite the clean sheet. If LASK had any sort of competent attack today, they could've been in a few times.

I thought we played better against West Ham. West Ham just had some fight in them while LASK had none.
Yes LASK were very limited I don't think a single person on here thinks they are a good team but you can only beat what's in front of you.
I'm still frustrated about the West Ham game as well, but last night we gave much needed rest to key players and still comfortably won the game in 3rd gear, Bale got minutes that he clearly needed and an impressive debut from Vinny.
Its ok to look at the positives the sky won't fall in.

On the case
his name is Tom Hunt, fitting for a Tory..

Dear T.Hunt

Unfortunate namesake.. but this brings me on to why I am writing to you today. This guy The Hood is one negative so and so and has limited to no humour. His comebacks are as uplifting as his appraisal for the team I support.
Please rid the world of this Cunt, Mr Tom Hunt.
Yours (on behalf of the vast majority of TFC)
Mr jgn88

Leave your politics out of the match threads you fucking melt.

called a joke comeback you complete fucking fossil.. i tried to give you the benefit but you are just itching for it.

this is you aint it?

iu

Yes LASK were very limited I don't think a single person on here thinks they are a good team but you can only beat what's in front of you.
I'm still frustrated about the West Ham game as well, but last night we gave much needed rest to key players and still comfortably won the game in 3rd gear, Bale got minutes that he clearly needed and an impressive debut from Vinny.
Its ok to look at the positives the sky won't fall in.

LASK absolutely destroyed Sporting in Lisbon 4-1 to get to this stage - and last season beat both Sporting and PSV in EL, so they were no pushovers, although agree they looked limited against us. But as JM said in post match interview we put out a decent side with the likes of Hojbjerg, Davies, Doherty and Regulion in defence which limited LASK's chances, although they did win a number of free kicks out wide and corners (as did Wham) but couldn't capitalise on them.

So I'm really pleased with the depth of squad, and the gap between our next match v Burnley next Monday, allowed us to put out a strong starting X1 which has got our EL campaign off to a good start.

I saw a website that rated all players and it thought Doherty was the MotM

Strange - on the same page as the ratings are individual player stats which show that Ben Davies had more impressive defensive stats (and the same attacking stat of one shot) than Doherty.

Nothing particularly wrong with Doherty's performance, and he made far fewer errors than Aurier against Wham which might have helped his ratings, but strange call to make him MoTM when several other players such as Davies, Vnicius, Hojbjerg probably looked better ?

Strange - on the same page as the ratings are individual player stats which show that Ben Davies had more impressive defensive stats (and the same attacking stat of one shot) than Doherty.

Nothing particularly wrong with Doherty's performance, and he made far fewer errors than Aurier against Wham which might have helped his ratings, but strange call to make him MoTM when several other players such as Davies, Vnicius, Hojbjerg probably looked better ?
If I had to guess, it's probably a function of how much we played through Doherty. Look at our pass map...

Back
Top Bottom