Everton at Wembley. 13/01. 1730KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I dont think they will do that under Sam......I genuinely think he will feel he can beat us. They have a lot in attack and some very decent youngsters who will want to go there and prove themselves.

Fat Sam wouldn’t know attacking football if it hit him in the face.

Son - Kane - Dele
Eriksen - Dier - Sissoko
Davies - Vertonghen - Sanchez - Aurier
Lloris
Wouldnt mind seeing something similar here.

Back four picks itself if Rose is still out injured. Think a middle 3 could work well. Eriksen deeper against a big Sam team could cause problems and Sissoko got praise for his performance on the right side of a midfield three at the weekend.

They'll likely play a back four with two defensive midfielders in Gueye and Schneiderlin but think this will be easier than West Ham as I still feel they'll go for it.
Why haven't you given me a gig?

Everton's line up:

blue-bus-clipart-big-blue-bus.svg
chelsea number of loans is going to far

I have no doubt they will sit quite deep and hoping for a counter. Now that their players are coming back, they wont played like they did against Liverpool.
They got Bolasie and probably Lookman on the bench. Not sure about their new hitman, Cenk Tosun. Will he start?

I think if people where to look at Everton's average player positions for the games since Allardyce took over, they would be surprised.

They will be defensive for sure, but will certainly try and take opportunities on the break (either with pace on the wings - mostly the left, or with long balls) which is more than some teams have done at home against us recently. They like a shot from range as well.

He's certainly not as one dimensional a manager as his reputation suggests imo.

I just hope we see the ball move a bit quicker in possession. We are more than capable of doing it when we have the confidence to do so.

Lloris
Aurier Sanchez Vert Davies
Dier
Lamela Eriksen Dele
Son Kane

No need for two DMs in this match. Everton are going to try and catch us on the counter. Eriksen and Dele can rotate, as they have before, with who will go back and help the CM.

This is s tough game. Yes they will sit back BUT counter-attack with purpose and pace. They looked pretty decent against Liverpool last week.

Not sure where the 4-0 predictions are coming from. Yes we should win but same could have been said before we played the likes of West Bromwich and the Spammers.

I think a few people are underestimating Everton here. They’ve got draws away at City and Liverpool and pulled out some good wins recently.

They have some pace on Bolasie and a new striker keen to impress. We need to be on top of our game. I don’t think it’ll be a walk over, but I think if we approach it right we’ll win.

FFS. Stop expecting us to stroll home victories. No games are easy. Didn't bloody Wimbledon prove that?

Take Everton seriously. Expect a win but take it seriously

Back
Top Bottom