Everton - Spurs - Feb 3rd - 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You see those whiney shitbags in the crowd baying for blood en masse at the award of a throw in at Goodison...

Awful, awful bunch. Always detest this fixture, just seems like such a slog every year.
We had a great run at Goodson, remember us putting 6 past them under poch. These past few years we’ve made hard work of it

Torn between Johnson and Kulu in terms of starting/bench place but I'd probably stick with Johnson coming off the bench for now, and Kulu starting. If Kulu continues to play poorly and Johnson's confidence continues to improve, they can easily be swapped around.

I do like the idea of Johnson coming on with 20/25 minutes to go and having a proper run at the defence though.

Vicario
Porro
Dragusin
Romero
Udogie
Bentancur
Sarr
Maddison
BJ
Richy
Werner
lineup code
[lineup]
Vicario
Porro Dragusin Romero Udogie
Bentancur
Sarr Maddison
BJ Richy Werner
[/lineup]

Kulu looks like he needs a rest and I'm keen on BJ to build on a terrific performance and goal vs Brentford, dropping him would kind of fly in the face of Ange's philosophy of earning your place in the team. VDV on the bench to make sure we don't overuse him so soon after getting him back, other than that the team picks itself. Gonna be a tough afternoon but if we show up we will win.

I'd play Romero RCB but that's the exact 11 I was going with then I thought that maybe Porro could use a breather.

I know we played Weds but don't we play once a week from now on?

Think we need to get used to the same starting 11 most matches where injuries aren't a problem.

Fancy Sarr coming in for Skipp as the only change from Weds.

Then we'll add Son in for Werner when he's back.

Subs will play a massive part then: Biss, Werner, BJ, Drag all getting good minutes to affect games in second halves.

Do you know what your best team would be or has it changed since start of the season?

The best team is the one I put out there tomorrow. You never have everything in place. There is always something and if you think that way, I think you box yourself into a little bit of a corner.

The only reason I made two changes at half-time wasn't because Rodri and Skippy weren't playing well, if anything they were playing well, but we just needed a circuit-breaker for what we were doing to change things up. It doesn't mean those two weren't or aren't in my starting XI or were disappointing, or any of those kind of things.

I've always thought as much as people fall in those terms of what is your strongest or best XI, every week I try to put out what I think is the best XI and you go from there and it will be assessed post game going into the next one.

Coleman on his last legs these days at right back. Timo should run him into the ground.
I t will be the usual corners and free kicks, crosses into the box stuff from a Dyche team.
We seem to cope quite well with such stuff these days.

I know we played Weds but don't we play once a week from now on?

Think we need to get used to the same starting 11 most matches where injuries aren't a problem.

Fancy Sarr coming in for Skipp as the only change from Weds.

Then we'll add Son in for Werner when he's back.

Subs will play a massive part then: Biss, Werner, BJ, Drag all getting good minutes to affect games in second halves.
Not quite. We've got Spam on a Tuesday after playing Luton on the Saturday and Forest the following weekend and the postponed Chavs match has to be rearranged sometime. Plus City will probably be in the FA Cup semi finals so that one will have to be rearranged too. So there's 2-3 more midweek games.

Oh and Woolwich will probably get their match postponed because Saka has a cold or something.

Back
Top Bottom