Everywhere we go

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I like this song,and joined in at Sheffield, and along with MEHSTG can go in for ages and it's far more'preferable, to " Woolwich fan on a string" perhaps that's because I normally take my 13 yr old, and when we went to VP, I was proud, when he sang " FORGET em all, FoRget em all, United ,West Ham Liverpool" , I'm sure he knows the real words,but I was proud dad.

If any of you have seen " Truely, Madly, Deeply" , Puma hard chorus, sung by Spurs fans at The beehive......if that was sung on the terraces, it would be awesome.....

Don't slag off song at non leagues, they're original....I'll give you a few from my local club, Woking over the years, here's just a few

Years ago when we played Rushden and Diamonds....and could easily be adapted for Chelski and City....
" PIcture yourself, in a ground made of Lego,
With plastic supporters , that don't even sing
Suddenly Max Griggs, buys Beckham and Shearer,
And still they don't win anything.....we all hate Rushden and Diamonds.....

Or, " we drink champagne, we snort cocaine,,we've got good jobs, In Surrey,
You've got,shit jobs, you shag your dogs, and your wife is , in the game.....

And one I'll hoepfully try and get started on Saturday.....
To the goalie " 1-0(2-0) and it's all your fault" .....repeat and get louder ......always makes them smile.......

And finally, " you can't help it, you can't win,you've lost this game for sure, tears won't help anymore......any......more, so let the heart aches begin, you(we) can't win, you've lost this game for sure
That 2nd one has been around for years and still gets sung at spurs

I like this song,and joined in at Sheffield, and along with MEHSTG can go in for ages and it's far more'preferable, to " Woolwich fan on a string" perhaps that's because I normally take my 13 yr old, and when we went to VP, I was proud, when he sang " FORGET em all, FoRget em all, United ,West Ham Liverpool" , I'm sure he knows the real words,but I was proud dad.

If any of you have seen " Truely, Madly, Deeply" , Puma hard chorus, sung by Spurs fans at The beehive......if that was sung on the terraces, it would be awesome.....

Don't slag off song at non leagues, they're original....I'll give you a few from my local club, Woking over the years, here's just a few

Years ago when we played Rushden and Diamonds....and could easily be adapted for Chelski and City....
" PIcture yourself, in a ground made of Lego,
With plastic supporters , that don't even sing
Suddenly Max Griggs, buys Beckham and Shearer,
And still they don't win anything.....we all hate Rushden and Diamonds.....

Or, " we drink champagne, we snort cocaine,,we've got good jobs, In Surrey,
You've got,shit jobs, you shag your dogs, and your wife is , in the game.....

And one I'll hoepfully try and get started on Saturday.....
To the goalie " 1-0(2-0) and it's all your fault" .....repeat and get louder ......always makes them smile.......

And finally, " you can't help it, you can't win,you've lost this game for sure, tears won't help anymore......any......more, so let the heart aches begin, you(we) can't win, you've lost this game for sure

So, to get this right. You don't want your 13 year old hearing 'she told me to kick his F*cking 'ed in', but 'we drink champagne, we snort cocaine' is ok?

So, to get this right. You don't want your 13 year old hearing 'she told me to kick his F*cking 'ed in', but 'we drink champagne, we snort cocaine' is ok?

Good point, but I did say, that the songs were old ones from Woking, it's was back in the 90's when they were doing well, the crowd was more vociferous than they are today, I was poorer and knew someone who played there, so went to Woking more than I now do , and I take my son to WHL rather than Woking

Nothing like a good chorus of, " I'm only a poor little Yiddo, I stand at the back of the Shelf, I go to the bar, to buy a lager, and only buy one for myself" rarely heard at home these days, only a few times away, shame.
Cause that is ours.....

Anyone know why the Nicola Berti song is still sung thesedays ? Just wondering if there was a story behind it seeing as he played very few times for us

Nothing like a good chorus of, " I'm only a poor little Yiddo, I stand at the back of the Shelf, I go to the bar, to buy a lager, and only buy one for myself" rarely heard at home these days, only a few times away, shame.
Cause that is ours.....

I always see that crop up in song threads but can honestly say in all of my years home, away and the odd game in Europe I have never heard it!

I always see that crop up in song threads but can honestly say in all of my years home, away and the odd game in Europe I have never heard it!
Think I heard one bloke try in vain to get it going at the last 1882 but no one else knew it. Don't really even know what tune it's sung to

I keep meaning to get a bit of this old classic going..... (to you are my sunshine)
'You are my Tottenham, my only Tottenham, you make me happy, when skies are grey, you never know just how I much I love you, please don't take my Tottenham away, la la la la la, yids, la la la la, yids, la la la. la la la, You arrrrre my Tottenham etc.."

I've been going away regularly since 1988, and we sang this for years, but think it died out late 90s... should be brought back.

1882 took to it and maybe continued it but I think it's main revival was due to our Champions League games against Inter as it got a hammering in Milan.
Ah fair enough. Couldn't be out there sadly, so first I heard it come back was Maribor at WHL I think!
At Lyon away the Dembele adaption of it got a lot of time:
My name is Moussa Dembele
I'm better than Pele
I come from a town in Belgium (Antwerp)
With the ball at my feet
All the defenders I beat say
Oi! Gorgeous! What's your name?

At Lyon away the Dembele adaption of it got a lot of time:
My name is Moussa Dembele
I'm better than Pele
I come from a town in Belgium (Antwerp)
With the ball at my feet
All the defenders I beat say
Oi! Gorgeous! What's your name?

I do love that. Pretty sure it's....
Oi! Silky!
though for Dembele (no way he as gorgeous as Nicola)

1882 took to it and maybe continued it but I think it's main revival was due to our Champions League games against Inter as it got a hammering in Milan.
I don't think it ever died out, was still sung at away games (normally in pubs, not in ground) ever since he left us. It was sung a lot at the game in Prague, i.e. the first European game for years, which was in about 2005.
Has anyone heard the Jose Dominguez version?
My name is Jose Dominguez
I play on the wingez
For the best team in the world (Tottenham!)

I don't know the other lyrics so please fill them in if you know them. I first heard this on the train to Hull last year.

The " I'm only a poor little Yiddo,"

Is to the same tune as,
" he's only a poor little Gooner
His face is all tattered and torn,
He made me felt sick,
So I hit him with a brick ,
and now he don't sing anymore.

Try it you'lll recognise the tune, when you say it.....apparently it appeared on a video about 80's violence, something like Green Day( Green Door)

Cause that is ours.....

Love following it with:

He's only a poor little yuppie, he stands at the back of the shed, he goes to the bar, to buy a lager, but has a white wine instead!

Back
Top Bottom