Exciting New Synergies vs Global Brand, Thursday 27 April, 20:15h GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd be up for it if we use the squad properly, play some youngsters, and get to the stage of not having to play Kane and Son in every single match for the fear of losing.

That said, it's a drain on the coaching staff as well.

It's a tough one, and it's not as if we're above any trophy.

Needs an attitude shift from the players if we're to make it worthwhile too........

Our last runs in the EL & ECL were pretty disgraceful mentality-wise.

Over the 90 we'd created more than enough chances to win that game.....

Most people expected us to get slaughtered.

How much change were you expecting after 3 training sessions and a new caretaker manager?

Conte drew his first game 0-0 against a shit Everton.
Wasnt expecting much but going defensive when having momentum against a tiring team was a bit cowardly. We needed 3 points. 1 was useless to us.
Plus utd were never going to slaughter us. Theyre stumbling over the line

Why did he think protecting the point was the right thing to do at that point considering how the game was going?
I get your point and would completely agree if we hadn't just come back from 2 nil down and after that abomination in Newcastle. These players are on the floor at the moment.

We are one of the teams that continuously concede goals last 10 minutes. Ryan mason would have been aware of that and decided to sure it up protect what we have.

Not just a draw or point but to not kill the players had we conceded again.

Casemiro had a header in the last minute it was Ben Davies who was challenging him to put him off.

Game could have gone either way.

Wasnt expecting much but going defensive when having momentum against a tiring team was a bit cowardly. We needed 3 points. 1 was useless to us.

Context: We'd just conceded 9 goals in our previous 2 games...... United had also scored a further 2.

I'd concur that it wasn't brave; but it wasn't stupid either.

Context: We'd just conceded 9 goals in our previous 2 games...... United had also scored a further 2.

I'd concur that it wasn't brave; but it wasn't stupid either.
Going hung-ho when we were losing is one thing, we were so open on the counter. Casimeiro nearly scored at the death.

As much as United were there for the win, we could easily have lost. I think, as frustrating as it is, settling for the point was the sensible option at that point.

Dier missing that chance was a blessing in disguise.

We would have sat back for 20 minutes and lost 3-2.

Equalising later helped us.

The next manager has to get rid of this mentality which started under Jose of defending a draw or lead. We battered them the whole second half, then said at 2-2 fuck it we won't bother now.

That's the single most frustrating thing about this lot. No mentality to win.

When we played city earlier this season, they came back from 2-0 at half time to 2-2. They didn't stop, ended up winning 4-2. There's the difference in ruthlessness.

This team couldn't even handle chasing the game against Bournemouth.

It's frustrating that we didn't really go for it in the end but the most important thing was to take something from the game after fighting back. If we had gone for it and lost at the end AGAIN that would have been horrendous.

The next manager has to get rid of this mentality which started under Jose of defending a draw or lead. We battered them the whole second half, then said at 2-2 fuck it we won't bother now.

When we played city earlier this season, they came back from 2-0 at half time to 2-2. They didn't stop, ended up winning 4-2. There's the difference in ruthlessness.

That's far from the only thing separating us from such a level right now.......

They just thoroughly stomped the so-called bestest team of the season without getting out of 2nd gear.

Liverpool also came back from 2-0 against Woolwich and battered the door down at 2-2 and were unlucky but they had the mentality to go for it. We shrunk back to being negative which comes from the players and management.
At least try win the game is all I wanted last night.

What are you agreeing to disagree on? Mason clearly brought Tanganga on to protect the point, unless you think he was bringing a defender on to win the game then how can you disagree with that? Only a total loon would bring on a defender late on in an attempt to score a winner...

:contelol:
I’m agreeing to disagree that it was the correct decision. We were all over them for the entire 2nd half, score the equaliser and we completely limp dicked the rest of the match.

There isn’t much hope to grab a top 4 place but going for a winner in a pivotal clash with a direct rival seems like the right thing to do in my view. A draw basically ends all possibility of finishing in a CL spot, which is probably the minimum requirement for Mason to have any chance at getting the permanent gig.

As I said in Mason’s thread, there were a lot more positives than negatives from his first match back as interim, I just preferred a go for the throat mentality after such a fine performance in that 2nd 45.

Oh stop fucking whinging.

No wonder everyone thinks spurs fans are the biggest bunch of fickle buggers on the planet.

No need to reply. I don't wish to associate with debbie downers.

:dembelefingers:
I'll reply for him. I'm sure he won't mind.

Try and accept some (most) Spurs fans see things differently to yourself and you'll become a much more valued member of the community.

Just some friendly advice

:dierpochhug:

Didn’t get to watch the match as I had a meeting.

Seems like the fight back was good in the 2nd half. Not sure how much that matters as this core of players is dead to me. But props to Mason and the squad for showing a sign of life.

It is concerning how the last few minutes went. Playing for a draw at home after coming back from 0-2 is bizarre. You don’t see winning clubs do that unless they absolutely need the point to clinch something. We did the same thing against Liverpool last season and were content with putting the top 4 race in Woolwich’s hands in exchange for a point that was almost certainly not going to matter. That’s just not a winning mentality.

After that performance, especially in the second half, I would consider Mason for the job. Let's see how Spurs play till the end of the season.

Maybe he should have gone for the win but the team needed a moral boost and coming back from 2-0 down felt like a win!

I get your point and would completely agree if we hadn't just come back from 2 nil down and after that abomination in Newcastle. These players are on the floor at the moment.

We are one of the teams that continuously concede goals last 10 minutes. Ryan mason would have been aware of that and decided to sure it up protect what we have.

Not just a draw or point but to not kill the players had we conceded again.

Casemiro had a header in the last minute it was Ben Davies who was challenging him to put him off.

Game could have gone either way.
Wasn’t really suring it up though. We let them put balls in the box a few shots and Casemiro chance. Surely we would have been better going the other way? Best form of defence is attack which is something cunte couldn’t grasp. Think mason did similar tactical changes last time he was in charge. Manure basically played fir the 2-1 with their subs.

E

Exactly totally agree!

Back
Top Bottom