Excuses to Leave Work

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

BrooklynYid

I was in Baghdad when you were in your dads bag
What excuses to you use to get out of work midweek? I'm running low on all of mine. I've used kids, dental, doctor, and picking up friends for the airport (great for european nights). Help.

I know this is a long shot but have you tired honesty? Works well when your ahead of the game work wise.

If not then Vets is a good one or child care is usually a great line

I need one tonight to be honest.

It takes over 2 hours to get home from where I'm working this week and I want to be back for kick off, but I can't see myself leaving by 5.30pm.

And no, honesty won't work, my boss would not take kindly to "oh I'm leaving early today to watch Spurs on telly". She won't take kindly to that.

Might have to be the radio on the way home, which I hate doing :vdvcry:

EssexYid said:

It takes over 2 hours to get home from where I'm working this week and I want to be back for kick off, but I can't see myself leaving by 5.30pm.

And no, honesty won't work, my boss would not take kindly to "oh I'm leaving early today to watch Spurs on telly". She won't take kindly to that.

Just Sky plus it, turn off your phone and fast forward through HT. job done.

PaulTHFC said:
EssexYid said:

Just Sky plus it, turn off your phone and fast forward through HT. job done.

Excellent idea :dawson:

Go to the toilets, chop one of you fingers off with a pair of scissors, come running back in holding your severed finger and screaming that you need to go to hospital. Slope off, bandage your stump up, couple of Nurofen and voila.

You dont need an excuse. You are a free man.

You say, I need to leave early tonight/not work that day, for something very important to me. Then you leave.

For a previous firm I was the only one who practiced my area of law. I would therefore invent meetings with the counsel that I instructed on cases so as to leave the offices a couple hours early.

Also, lawyers are required to earn what are known as CPD points per year. This is usually done by going on update courses in your area of practice. These were all day affairs. What I used to do was attend the session until the mid morning break, then leave around 11 am with the pack of notes and read them on the train into work the next day. 5 tedious hours saved and a virtual day off.

Of course, it helps when your job affords you these sorts of chances!

My mate a few years back faked falling down the stairs at work.

Seriously, even grazed his face on the wall to make it look real then laid in a crumpled heap until someone found him. Played the part of the concussion victim down to a tee got driven to hospital and as soon as they'd seen him into the a&e waiting room the cunt called a cab and fucked off home. Got three days off for it too

Had to dof my cap to him for that one.

Ben said:
My mate a few years back faked falling down the stairs at work.

Seriously, even grazed his face on the wall to make it look real then laid in a crumpled heap until someone found him. Played the part of the concussion victim down to a tee got driven to hospital and as soon as they'd seen him into the a&e waiting room the cunt called a cab and fucked off home. Got three days off for it too

Had to dof my cap to him for that one.

Holy crap , thats taking it to a whole other level ... I never have this kind of problem , i choose my own hours and workload.

Back
Top Bottom