F.C Internazionale Milano -v- Tottenham Hotspur - 14/03/13 - Europa League Last 16 2nd Leg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Brad - 5 - conceded 4, you cannot play high-line with him in goals, Andre - does not fucking work
You do realize that we played a high line all throughout last season, don't you?

This idea that AVB brought the high line with him -- to quote Joe Biden -- "is a bunch of stuff."

But yes, I agree with you. Brad doesn't come off his line quickly enough for a high line to work well.

Inter anno 2013 are a poor, turgid and reactive team.

I don't care if they have got a big name. I don't care if they have a vast ground. They quite simply aren't that good anymore and my ratings are based on that very simple fact.

Friedel 4
Walker 3
Gallas 1 (first time ever I have given this low rating, AFAIR. Allround performance way below par + disastrous decisions).
Vertonghen 5
Naughton 2
Dembele 6 (only player with a
Parker 4
Livermore 3
Sigurdsson 4 (people praise him for the attacking bit, but pressing and defending was very poor)
Defoe 2
Adebayor 3 (and one of those 3 is for the goal)

Holtby 3
Lennon 4
Caulker 4

Overall we are back to having considerable problems in 4 consistently appearing modern day Spurs problem areas:
a) Pressing game poorly coordinated
b) no visible gameplan in the final third (made worse by two strikers with no clue of cooperation)
c) far post defending, lack of

and by far the worst of them
d) lack of will to challenge for and ability to win 2nd balls outside either box.

In particular the latter is deeply worrying. Our so called good defence have now conceded 8 goals in the last 3 games. I have no idea how a team expects to win a game of professional football without a knowledge of when to push into the space outside either box to challenge for tackled loose balls, headed clearence, etc - and the will do f*cking get it done.
It is so obvious it's baffling, that we can not do if for 120 minutes against a pedestrian team.

You do realize that we played a high line all throughout last season, don't you?

I most certainly don't agree with that - we are pressing much higher up the field this season - sadly there are no chalkboards anymore to compare more objectively.

I would however imagine we kept possession slightly better last season - although not by much

Back
Top Bottom