FA approach WBA to speak to Woy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

FA wants talks with Roy Hodgson over England role

West Brom have granted permission for the Football Association to speak to Roy Hodgson about the vacant England manager's position, the FA has confirmed.

Re: FA wants talks with Roy Hodgson over England role

They have also saidthat Woy is the only manager they have spoken to and they will now sit down with Roy to discuss.

Some have suggested that they will talk to others. But you've got to wonder if they will in fact do so now that they have made a public annoucement regarding Hodgson. I would've thought they would keep their mouths shut until confirming the new mnager if they were going after multiple candidates.

So what are the theories on Harry potentially being dumped? Bad Spurs form? Too expensive? Harry maybe saying to them that he doesn't want to just be dumped into a tournament, but rather would be more likely to take over when he has time to prepare?

I wonder, you don't suppose that maybe something was said behind closed doors this morning about Harry staying and the players being up for it again?

I likes a good conspiracy theory me.

A part of me finds it rather amusing that Redknapp could be jobless within a month. :adegrin:

It still could be Redknapp but to be objective, Hodgson is a much better choice as he's got international experience. What will happen to Redknapp now?

So they essentially just waited for West Brom to be mathematically safe from relegation and in the mean time fucked our season.....

Park Lane Ninja said:
It still could be Redknapp but to be objective, Hodgson is a much better choice as he's got international experience. What will happen to Redknapp now?
You can bet he'll be at Spurs next season if we claw a win or two out of our last games and finish in the top six. We'll only sakc him if someone superior comes along, and for all of the talk of Rodgers, Moyes, et al, I am not convinced that any would be a massive upgrade. Only if a Jose, Guus or Carlo can come in do we sack IMO.

If England is out of the picture and a special manager can't come in then it's got to be better the devil you know.

Blanchflower said:
So they essentially just waited for West Brom to be mathematically safe from relegation and in the mean time fucked our season.....

and had to Play Woolwich, strange that ?

Maybe this will make harry want us to win even more, to prove that he's the right man for the job

Blanchflower said:
As I implied above, I reckon there's more to it. I reckon the probably sounded twichy out on the silent and they were either unwilling to pay his salary, unwiling to pay Levy the compensation required by his contract, or Harry had reservations himself about the nature of the job and being "parachuted in" for a tournament that he cannot properly prepare for.

But, look at it this way, West Brom could've gone down had Woy been scalped earlier. So either way, the FA risked fucking up someone's season. It's just our usual luck that we seem to have come out of it the worst.

Back
Top Bottom