FA Cup 4th Round - Man City [H] - Friday 26 Jan 20:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Let's forget x, y and z. Imagine this as our 20 players (11/9)

Vicario, Forster, Porro, Royal, Udogie, Dragusin, Romero. van de Ven, Davies, Bissouma, Sarr, Bentancur, Lo Celso, Maddison, Johnson, Kulusevski, Werner, Solomon, Richarlison, Son

Add another 3 or 4 'first team' players to that lot and oooofffff
yea exciting times now. we need fullback cover (ideally someone who could play both sides). then its probably the front line that needs improving, its the weakest line out of the 3. early days with werner so maybe he can give it the spike it needs.

the midfield is stacked with quality now. bent, biss, sarr, madders, gio and kulu if needed....that is one fucking powerful midfield. got to be right up there, only city beat it imo, and thats cos of rodri and kdb.

yea exciting times now. we need fullback cover (ideally someone who could play both sides). then its probably the front line that needs improving, its the weakest line out of the 3. early days with werner so maybe he can give it the spike it needs.

the midfield is stacked with quality now. bent, biss, sarr, madders, gio and kulu if needed....that is one fucking powerful midfield. got to be right up there, only city beat it imo, and thats cos of rodri and kdb.

we'll see i guess. it's looking positive though

Kyle Walker looked short of pace at the weekend against the horse punchers. Maybe just a bad game, but ok think Werner can get at him here.

Only possible change to that for me is whether we play Kulu in MF rather than PEH. Though we don't have an obvious RW replacement for Kulu if we do that. And probably best not to experiment with Porro up there in this game. Can Solomon or Werner play RW?
I don't think we go Kulu/Gio + Madders in there.

Ange wants legs in that 8 so wouldn't be surprised to see Skipp either.

Kyle Walker looked short of pace at the weekend against the horse punchers. Maybe just a bad game, but ok think Werner can get at him here.
No he never. He was still fucking lightening. I think you have maybe looked at the Gordon goal and thought that ? He slows right up to make Gordon let him go on his left which is the right thing to do but Gordon ends up hitting it through his legs and into the far corner. He’s still a machine but he’s one of these players that thinks it’s too easy because he’s so quick. Look back at Deki’s goal at the etihad and Johnson gets a cross in because he thinks he’s got it covered. He’s definitely someone we can get at but not in a foot race. I see little bits of that in Udogie’s game.

No he never. He was still fucking lightening. I think you have maybe looked at the Gordon goal and thought that ? He slows right up to make Gordon let him go on his left which is the right thing to do but Gordon ends up hitting it through his legs and into the far corner. He’s still a machine but he’s one of these players that thinks it’s too easy because he’s so quick. Look back at Deki’s goal at the etihad and Johnson gets a cross in because he thinks he’s got it covered. He’s definitely someone we can get at but not in a foot race. I see little bits of that in Udogie’s game.
Wasn’t just the Gordon goal. It was the Isak one too. He got back in position for both, but seemed to be unbalanced when he did, whereas before, he’d be back and settled in a blink.

Wasn’t just the Gordon goal. It was the Isak one too. He got back in position for both, but seemed to be unbalanced when he did, whereas before, he’d be back and settled in a blink.
I honestly think he thinks it’s too easy and got it covered. He’s a cocky fucker and does t think anyone can get the better of him.

Maybe he is on the way down and we are seeing it more now.

I honestly think he thinks it’s too easy and got it covered. He’s a cocky fucker and does t think anyone can get the better of him.

He’s had a fair bit on his mind over the last week too…. 👀👀

Either way I’m fine with. He’s always been the point of the side that’s not had an apparent weakness to me and it was heartening to see him have one at the weekend. Only a couple of examples though.

But be it his pace going, or thinking he’s got players like Isak or Gordon covered, we’ve maybe a chance to get at him which we’ve rarely had before.

Just looking for glimpses of opportunity here!

Back
Top Bottom