FA Cup 4th Round - Man City [H] - Friday 26 Jan 20:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Meh. They're the the best team in the land. It's to be expected.

We were close to 3/1 to beat them at home last season and managed it though.
I’m a data nerd and bookies are uber data led. The data says we have a 1 in 4 chance of winning

I’m a data nerd and bookies are uber data led. The data says we have a 1 in 4 chance of winning

Doesn't the data say they haven't scored a goal against us in Tottenham for close to 10 years?

Wild stat. Last time City scored a goal in Tottenham, Kane had 3 goals for England and just 24 league goals for Spurs. He's now top goalscorer for both club and country.

The data says that my chances of winning the Euromillions are 1 in 139 million, 838 thousand,160, but as you know full well, I'm going to win it tonight.

1 in 4 - pfahh - You should get in line for your Cup Final ticket now, to avoid disappointment.

COYS

Doesn't the data say they haven't scored a goal against us in Tottenham for close to 10 years?

Wild stat. Last time City scored a goal in Tottenham, Kane had 3 goals for England and just 24 league goals for Spurs. He's now top goalscorer for both club and country.
That’s all in the past - I actually think such a shit record makes it even tougher for us as they will be hyper aware of it

Last week I was going to go to Southend Vs Wealdstone - postponed
Then I was going to go to Royston Vs Bedford - postponed
Then I thought about going to Stevenage Vs Barnsley - postponed

This week is was going to go to Wealdstone Vs Southend (at home this time) - postponed

I wouldn't be surprised if tomorrow's game is fucked 🥴
You must have a lot of scarves.🧣🧣🧣

Yeah, he's generally very good.

What I want from a co-comms pundit is that they point out things in the game that I wouldn't have noticed otherwise. Not the Andy Townsend "If that had gone in it would have been a goal", not the "I'll just describe exactly what you've just seen" from Dion Dublin. Dixon does that very well, especially when he's talking about the defensive side of the game, better than Neville or Carragher I'd say, who can also be decent in this regard.

I've always found him to be reasonably fair to us, even when he gets egged on to be otherwise by the main commentator. He doesn't like us and I don't expect him to, but he tends to be quite amusing and self-effacing when he does so. A bit like Glenn when he's encouraged to be anti-Woolwich.

I reckon he'd be good company over a couple of beers. There are plenty worse.
That's really interesting - perception is a curious thing, isn't it? Whenever I listen to Dixon I can't get past his snidey, anti-Tottenham tone and content. Never, in my wildest dreams, could I see him as reasonably fair - he hates Spurs and he wears that hatred on his breast pocket, as a slimy little badge of honour. He appears to me to be almost up there with Neanderthal Man, for biased appraisal of The Mighty Spurs. If there's one of the three trying to be fair, it's Ian Wright. I see him as you see Dixon, the little weasel. As for Woods - words cannot express the depth of my loathing.

That's really interesting - perception is a curious thing, isn't it? Whenever I listen to Dixon I can't get past his snidey, anti-Tottenham tone and content. Never, in my wildest dreams, could I see him as reasonably fair - he hates Spurs and he wears that hatred on his breast pocket, as a slimy little badge of honour. He appears to me to be almost up there with Neanderthal Man, for biased appraisal of The Mighty Spurs. If there's one of the three trying to be fair, it's Ian Wright. I see him as you see Dixon, the little weasel. As for Woods - words cannot express the depth of my loathing.
100% on all of that.

I think Dixon is quite insightful compared to basic buffoons like Townsend and Dublin but not when it comes to Spurs, he’s a snide little cunt

Amazing that Wright has matured into a decent fella, used to f’ing hate him as a player

That’s all in the past - I actually think such a shit record makes it even tougher for us as they will be hyper aware of it
We need them to hit the post and bar a few times early doors; get awarded and miss a couple of pens (cheers Vic); blow a succession of open goals, and then for good measure have a few atrocious VAR decisions which make the Dippers one look like a 50;50.

That'll mess with their heads a bit

On 89 mins 59 secs we get a scrappy winner (oggie ideally off Kyle's arse)

And then the board goes up - no added time, ref blows final whistle. Pep explodes, KDB bursts into tears. Haaland vandalises the stadium.

It is what it is mate.

Looking back does you no good at all mate. It's all about tonight's performance mate. Leave nothing on the pitch mate and give it 110% cobber. Have no regrets mate. Now get out there and give it all you've got

:ange-blow:

...mate.

Don't think it makes too much of a difference in all honesty. There is zero pressure on us tonight at all.
Sorry, but I cannot agree with that. Tonight's game is massive. A win will help to define the New Spurs under Ange. The players need to know that THIS is the game they need to turn up for. It's not just any old game. I've already got the severest of collywobbles.

The atmosphere tonight will be incredible.

Vicario
Porro
Romero
VDV
Udogie
Skipp
Bentancur
Maddison
Kulu
Richy
Werner
lineup code
[lineup]
Vicario 
Porro Romero VDV Udogie
Skipp Bentancur Maddison
Kulu Richy Werner
[/lineup]

I reckon something like this, Johnson to come on at some point to maintain the the threat of going in behind.

Maddison needs to start for me. We need a talisman out there.

not sure if Lo Celso is fit, if he is then I wouldn't be surprised if he starts ahead of Skipp and slots in next to Bentancur and plays a bit deeper.

we can win this, it's a shame Sonny isn't playing though as we need to be clinical.

Sorry, but I cannot agree with that. Tonight's game is massive. A win will help to define the New Spurs under Ange. The players need to know that THIS is the game they need to turn up for. It's not just any old game. I've already got the severest of collywobbles.

The atmosphere tonight will be incredible.

Jesus christ.

No pressure like.

Back
Top Bottom