FA Cup 4th Round - Man City [H] - Friday 26 Jan 20:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So far so good. Gotta be honest here, we’re getting outplayed by what’s considered to be their B Team (300m+ I read). Have to admit, their direct forward play, their one touch passes; that’s all pretty impressive. On the other hand, most of it ended up being rubbish, hope we get a few counter attacks and decent chances before half time. I like how Richy is trying to put the pressure on upfront, PEH with a few great moments as well. Come on Spurs!

The game is crying out for Maddison. Hopefully we get to see him tonight.

We need someone to make something happen, Kulu doesn’t seem able to pick Werner out at all. Which I guess is understandable seeing as he is out of position.

Gentleman's agreement, no Maddison and no De Bruiyne
Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Maybe it's the Mourinho/Conte scars, but I'd rather not score early in a match like this. Rather grow into it, score when there's not enough time for the energy boost to wear off nor for the nerves set in.
Jose and Conte seem to get blamed for everything. Even a game almost a year later.

Maybe just maybe, they knew what they doing when they beat City. Ange maybe has seen the same.

Mickey has been our player of the half. Vital interceptions. Shame our passing has been soooooo slow in the middle third moving forward.

This delay for the assistant ref’s tech is ridiculous.

Think we’ll see Madders before 60 minutes is up.

Back
Top Bottom