FA Cup Final 2020 Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Aubameyang did nothing yesterday that Kane can't do.....
Quite meaningless. Has he done it? When did Kane win a final on his own?

Kane was better 3 years ago. This year? Aubameyang clearly better.

They are literally a one mean team, for all the shit about the "harry kane team", it applies perfectly to them. Hopefully he leaves.

It's a really interesting question.

I can only answer by saying I think I would be more confident in us winning a final with Aubameyang in the side than I would with Kane in the side.

Asking if someone is a better player is a touch simplistic, and I do not mean to be rude. I just think it is.
It's a really interesting question.

I can only answer by saying I think I would be more confident in us winning a final with Aubameyang in the side than I would with Kane in the side.

Asking if someone is a better player is a touch simplistic, and I do not mean to be rude. I just think it is.

I know who I'd want in our squad every season..... By some distance.... And it's not the guy with the shit hair and gimp mask.

Last edited:

They are literally a one mean team, for all the shit about the "harry kane team", it applies perfectly to them. Hopefully he leaves.

This is my point though.... Did he really win it on his own or did he simply convert a pen and pull a finish put of his arse whilst a couple of key red card decisions went against the oppo..... (I've been talking about his literal contribution to the game all long)

On goals per game was PEA really better than Kane this year.... Or any year since he arrived in the prem?

This is my point though.... Did he really win it on his own or did he simply convert a pen an pull a finish put of his arse whilst a couple of key red card decisions went against the oppo..... (I've been talking about his literal contribution to the game all long)

On goals per game was PEA really better than Kane this year.... Or any year since he arrived in the prem?
He created the penalty himself and scored the second goal before the red card. Don't try to trick me my man.

Love Kane - but Aubameyang just won the final AND semi final for Woolwich himself.

He created the penalty himself and scored the second goal before the red card. Don't try to trick me my man.

Love Kane - but Aubameyang just won the final AND semi final for Woolwich himself.

Questions.... Not tricks..... I think you've somewhat missed the context of my point, which was a response to the suggestion we don't have such a player.... Nothing deeper.

Tierney, Pepe, Ceballos all effective yesterday.

Almost as if players can struggle with their first year in a new league and turn it around when a manger puts faith in them and works through their defaults.

Might be worth noting that they haven't been publicly singled out by their manager for struggling to integrate.

Tierney, Pepe, Ceballos all effective yesterday.

Almost as if players can struggle with their first year in a new league and turn it around when a manger puts faith in them and works through their defaults.

Might be worth noting that they haven't been publicly singled out by their manager for struggling to integrate.
Thought Pepe and Ceballos had flopped hard back in November/December but both were actually incredible yesterday. Hope it was just the occasion.

Always wanted Tierney though, can't find that mentality easily. Was cheap too iirc.

Because the history books will record that Arteta won a trophy and it only took him a few months to do so.

Poch was at Spurs for years and years and the history books will record that he won absolutely fuck all

I agreed with the stat. But not that arteta is a better coach. Ridiculous to say that he is even close. I think our team is narrowly better then theirs. They just ha some striker who for me is the best in the world right now.

And a semi final. Aubameyang basically won it for them. Not just one game. Take nothing from Kane. He is world class. But can't quite score goals like aubameyang and is ineffective without good players around him.

PEA gets shunted out wide almost all the time and still manages to find goals and I still think he misses more chances than Kane but manages to score loads regardless, missed a chance early vs City and again yesterday but ended up with a brace in both matches.

This is not to say Kane can't do the same but he does need things to fall in to place just one time to give him the confidence for the future, as I mentioned in another post I sometimes feel the pressure is too great on Kane.

I started a thread about the 2020 FA Cup Final between Chelsea and The Woolwich, I posted up a picture of tumbleweed intending this place to be as quiet as the grave. We are now on page 23.

God forgive me :mourfacepalm:

Back
Top Bottom