FA Cup Magic - Tottenham Hotspur FC - Marine AFC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

BT reporting that Marine sold over 30,000 virtual tickets. They are gonna need a new stadium to fit all those name on the wall. In all seriousness £300,000 will be absolutely emormous for a club at their level.

BT reporting that Marine sold over 30,000 virtual tickets. They are gonna need a new stadium to fit all those name on the wall. In all seriousness £300,000 will be absolutely emormous for a club at their level.
I think the tickets were a fiver each?

That’s actually enough with TV money and other income to sustain them for 2-3 seasons and propel them into conference north maybe even national conference

That’s actually enough with TV money and other income to sustain them for 2-3 seasons and propel them into conference north maybe even national conference
Trouble with that is that clubs have a natural level and artificial promotions come with risks of unsustsainability.

At that level for example they are hugely reliant on gate receipts and people like to see winning teams. I believe it’s often the case that clubs get bigger attendances by doing well in a lower league than struggling in a higher one. If they use the money to try to build the club in an organic manner it will be far more beneficial in my view.

I read somewhere they might get £350k in TV fees.

add the two together and £650k is not just absolutely enormous, its gigantic, almost life changing

"I must especially mention the Tottenham Hotspur fans who since the 3rd round draw have shown a genuine interest in our football Club and demonstrated a clear willingness to help with the purchase of thousands of virtual match tickets. Marine officials will forever remember their kindness and expect the very special bond created between the two football clubs to be everlasting.”

Back
Top Bottom