FA Cup - Steven Bergwijn vs Southampton (H) 5/02 - 19:45KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In my opinion the move to the new gaff has definitely had an effect. Like you say the old guard have been diluted by the new STH's and they just don't know the songs. I heard a strangled "Grand Old Team" against City at the weekend. The first time I'd heard it. I was encouraged by that, but it couldn't catch on because nobody had any idea there was any words after "Wooooaahh". The simplest way to sort this would be to let those who specifically want to sing stand together in the South/East corner. Make it explicitly clear that this is what is expected if you renew your season ticket there, and allow people to move out otherwise.

As someone said elsewhere it would only take a couple of hundred voices together to make sure there is a decent amount of noise that would just catch on. It happens in the Goal Line Bar before games, it just needs to carry on onto the terrace.

Infuriatingly the 'wall' got fucked up by the seat allocations.

I wish the club we re-configure but I'm doubtful they will.

Not sure... it was between both 2nd goals... (Theirs and ours!)

Nah, navy blue beanie...

76 mins apparently... between their 2nd (hence the anger) and our equaliser...
Had they zoomed in 2mins later, there woulda been a scene of unbridled joy... still, that don't make as good telly as an angry little man in A beanie hat venting some spleen!
...I'm trying to convince myself (and my wife, who has now seen it) that's it's "Just because I care!!"

Hopefully she doesn't pack me off to group anger therapy classes!!
Hahaha, just watched it again, I remember chuckling at the time, a great "for fucks sake" at the end with a lovely mini-temper tantrum shakes-angry-fist.

Textbook gammon as Guardian readers would say

:sonlol::angryscouser::dembelelol:

You are just picking out the stats you like and ignoring the stats you don’t.

Three games he’s started he’s been so bad he’s been yanked off, two of them in the first half. All of them we were losing by two goals.

The reason he didn’t complete 90 and part of the reason we lost/were losing was because he was so fucking bad.

And that’s why he’s not been starting important games - like man City - until he got a run out tonight for the short blanket 11, another game he starts against an inferior opponent, where we get completely outplayed, concede chances and goals.
I’m picking the stats I like?

You have made three posts and not once mentioned the 6 full games he’s played, losing none.
Important games?
Of the 6 full games he played, 4 were PL.

Care to take a look at where we’d be without those 12pts?
That would be 1pt above west ham.

Not important games indeed. Only the games we win without him count right.

It's the only issue I have since the New Stadium and it's not specifically the Stadium's fault but it appears with so many new fans going to the games now that they don't know the words to the songs other than "Oh When the Spurs" or "Come on you Spurs". I've been next to people who've joined in with every chorus of both of those but are then utterly silent for the others that get sung in a few sections but never truly catches on.

But nothing gets away from the simple fact that without the team doing anything on the pitch there is little to nothing to spark those off it. This doesn't even have to be us playing well, although let does not kid ourselves it's the main reason, but it could be a tackle or penalty save.

I sing ever game, last night and especially the first half, was so utterly shite there was nothing to sing about and the only thing that got sung was started by the Saints fans.

Our repertoire of songs is quite poor and has been for years if we're honest.

I thought the whole point of our new "kop" stand was to put 1882 and all the other singers in their and they would generate all the songs and atmosphere like Dortmund's yellow wall?
At least that's what was mentioned while it was being built.

I have to admit to being an armchair cunt and not getting up to the new ground yet, so I can't really criticize those that do go. But whenever the camera zooms to the stands it does look very tourist.

The players also need to get the crowd fired up though, its not a one way process.

I’m picking the stats I like?

You have made three posts and not once mentioned the 6 full games he’s played, losing none.

No, you were the one that started by omitting some (30%) of the games he'd started under Mourinho, I just pointed out that you were being selective with your "stats". You also ignored the 3-0 humiliation by Brighton that he played 90 in before Mourinho got here.

Dier is fucking terrible in midfield. He's been so bad that he's not even made it to the second half in two of the games. Even some of the games we've won with him we've been outplayed and conceded a ton of goals. And two of your selective 6 games have been against championship Middlesborough, and we conceded in both of them.

No, you were the one that started by omitting some (30%) of the games he'd started under Mourinho, I just pointed out that you were being selective with your "stats". You also ignored the 3-0 humiliation by Brighton that he played 90 in before Mourinho got here.

Dier is fucking terrible in midfield. He's been so bad that he's not even made it to the second half in two of the games. Even some of the games we've won with him we've been outplayed and conceded a ton of goals. And two of your selective 6 games have been against championship Middlesborough, and we conceded in both of them.
Hahaha so we’re bringing in Pochs reign all of a sudden. Why would you do that?
Oh yeah because shit tactics help your agenda here.

Ive only ever mentioned since Jose came because that’s what’s relevant.
I won’t omit a single stat. Here you go:
Under Jose:

PL...P8
90 mins x 4 - Won 4
45 mins - Lost subbed off at 0-2
34 mins - Won subbed on at 1-0 up
6 mins - Won subbed on at 2-0
14 mins - Won subbed on at 2-1

CL
29 mins - Won subbed off at 2 down
81 mins Lost

FA
90 mins - drew
85 mins - Won
90 mins - Won

In those 13 games, we conceded 14 goals.
Do what you will with that you fucking fraud

Last edited:
Oh yeah because shit tactics help your agenda here.

Under Jose:

PL...P8
90 mins x 4 - Won 4

CL
81 mins Lost

FA
90 mins - drew
85 mins - Won
90 mins - Won

In those 13 games, we conceded 14 goals.
And to add, so I don’t get accused of leaving out anything, here’s the games since Jose that Dier didn’t play in:
All PL games:
P5 W0 L3 D2 conceded 6

Not a good day for you pal.
The sort of stats you’d have a wank about if someone tweeted it about Maddison

Last edited:
I thought the whole point of our new "kop" stand was to put 1882 and all the other singers in their and they would generate all the songs and atmosphere like Dortmund's yellow wall?
At least that's what was mentioned while it was being built.

I have to admit to being an armchair cunt and not getting up to the new ground yet, so I can't really criticize those that do go. But whenever the camera zooms to the stands it does look very tourist.

The players also need to get the crowd fired up though, its not a one way process.
The vast majority in there in my experience do want to sing, many just don't know the words to many of the songs. So it might take time for things to develop.

Also, some people just remained where they were, so people who were self side and specifically lower corner at WHL are still in that area of the new ground. Some fans that liked to stand next to the away fans chose their new seats to be in the North Stand to be next to the away fans. So not everyone did congregate into the South Stand.

There are many tourists in, but this is the fault of those that are selling their seats either directly or indirectly to them.

Oh yeah because shit tactics help you agenda here.

Under Jose:

PL...P8
90 mins x 4 - Won 4

CL
81 mins Lost

FA
90 mins - drew
85 mins - Won
90 mins - Won

So when Dier played for Poch it wasn't really Dier and we weren't really Spurs?

So what you did was just talk about a small sample of games, three of them FA Cup games, two of them against a championship side, three of them against bottom 8 teams in the PL. And you tried to make out results in these games were because Dier was playing. Ignoring that he was fucking gash in most of the games, ignoring other games, ignoring that he's only been picked in about 18% of all the games he could be this season, because he's been so fucking shite.

Fraudulent is misrepresenting something. That's what you did. That's what you always do. That's your thing. You say stuff. You're an AK47 of fake bullshit bullets. You never shoot anyone, it's just lots of fucking noise.

Fucking LOVE this

Have to say Gazza really does seem to be a team player like-just been dropped completely after 23 odd games and his reaction has been brilliant on the sidelines and with his team mates. Tbh I am slightly surprised he hasn't been given the cup games.
He won't get another game this season by the look of things now:-/

Have to say Gazza really does seem to be a team player like-just been dropped completely after 23 odd games and his reaction has been brilliant on the sidelines and with his team mates. Tbh I am slightly surprised he hasn't been given the cup games.
He won't get another game this season by the look of things now:-/

He's gone from being a backup GK at Southampton to a backup GK playing for Tottenham, living the dream in London. I think Gazza is the kind of player who is happy doing his part at a bigger club rather than dropping down to a level where he is starting week in, week out and that suits us down to the ground. Top backup goalie and a great personality it seems.

So when Dier played for Poch it wasn't really Dier and we weren't really Spurs?

So what you did was just talk about a small sample of games, three of them FA Cup games, two of them against a championship side, three of them against bottom 8 teams in the PL. And you tried to make out results in these games were because Dier was playing. Ignoring that he was fucking gash in most of the games, ignoring other games, ignoring that he's only been picked in about 18% of all the games he could be this season, because he's been so fucking shite.

Fraudulent is misrepresenting something. That's what you did. That's what you always do. That's your thing. You say stuff. You're an AK47 of fake bullshit bullets. You never shoot anyone, it's just lots of fucking noise.
You’ve got fuck all.
All the data is there. There is no misrepresentation whatsoever you just can’t handle the fact that we haven’t lost a single PL game Dier has played under Jose and we haven’t won a single PL game he hasn’t played in.

That’s why you are harping back to the last manager. But if you want to go there, let’s do that:
Under Poch he didnt play in 9 of the 12 games.
Played 90 twice, L1, D1
Came on for 12 minutes, W1

CL 22 minutes Won
EL 90 minutes Lost

Of the 9 PL games under Poch that Dier did NOT play:
W2 L3 D4

Might want to give up mate you keep getting destroyed. Or shall we go back to last season and try your luck?

If we’d won zero and lost 5 of the six and won every game he didn’t play in, would you use those stats?
But the other way around is “misrepresented”

No, just presented.

Last edited:
The atmosphere thing gets to me, as previously mentioned by a few people why in the name of fuck isn't there a concerted effort to get the noisy people into the south stand together?? Every time I see goal reactions from those cams at the bottom of the stand its a few tourists throwing a hand in the air or standing up clapping ffs.
Our atmosphere at home games has been suffering for a long time and its getting worse-I got daggers for shouting and singing at the Chelsea game by those around me like... fucking CHELSEA!?
Club needs to get it fucking sorted.

They were when they won the champions League, the championship and everything else with Mourinho..
No, they were not "shit". They were pragmatic, just as his Chelsea side in 14/15. These teams had control of their opponents, they could defend and weren't outplayed by their opponents (with just one exception when we beat them 5-3 at The Lane).

We are routinely and comprehensively outplayed by our opponents, we have little to no control of the game.

Back
Top Bottom