FA Cup : The road to victory

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Portsmouth will bring the largest away following since that god awful cup match under Mou vs Norwich. It gives the away team
complete domination of the main bowl of the stadium - a poor part of the planning and design imv.

So. Chelsea, Brentford, Newcastle Palace, Villa, Forest and Bournemouth all Prem teams out. We assume Woolwich will beat Oxford tomorrow, which means they get City next round so 1 of those will be out. Liverpool have a tough away replay at Wolves. This honestly could be our best ever chance of a trophy

If we do get past Sheff Utd there will be a maximum of 6 other PL teams left, and only two of those above us in the table. One of which we won fairly comfortably against just a few days ago.

If we don't have any belief we can do it this time then we never will.

- Drawn away to mid table championship team

- Play our 2nd string team who really should be comfortably winning

- Proceed to put in a Mura-esque performance

- Draw 1-1

- Win the replay 2-0 at home while fielding our strongest team because we can’t trust our 2nd team

- Drawn away to Liverpool in 4th round

- Get knocked out

Good grief, they're even messing around with 'kick off' time of the draw - can't they just leave somethings alone, for pete's sake!
Should have been done this lunchtime, like it used to be.

2 ex Woolwich players doing the draw 😅😅😅 joke
No surprises white seaman giving us morecambe
if you know what i mean eyebrow wiggle GIF

As long as sammyspurs sammyspurs and KaneDomBadBoy KaneDomBadBoy play up front to show Kane how it's done.

And ArcspacE ArcspacE plays DM to show PEH and Winks how it's done.

I'll play RWB even though I'm left footed to show Tanganga that it's possible to cross the halfway line!
Certainly lots of competition for places out wide on the left wing and right wing… judging by Off Topic.

:kaneear:

I wouldn't get TOO excited, I'm pretty sure Football (and the entire Country) will be in Lockdown again by the time this game comes along....

We'll ALL pay for people's Christmas excesses!
Unless there's clear evidence that Omicron is evading the vaccine and causing serious illness, I would doubt it.

Last lockdown we had no vaccines, or we were only at the start of administering first doses. Now we're at a phase were people are getting their third doses and there seems to be preliminary signs that three doses prevents serious illness at least.

I haven't had three vaccines to spend my life in my living room. Not into a third year. Not happening. And I'm not an anti-Vaxxer\anti-masker, and I'm compliant with pretty much every rule that's been in play. But I just can't see compliance stretching into a third (or fourth, I've lost count) full lockdown. I just can't take being punished because a small but significant minority can't just get their vaccines, wear a mask in crowded places and wash their hands. I mean at WHL every match you see dudes not even washing their hands after a piss, or just running their hands under water for three seconds. These are the people that need to sort themselves out.

And now I've taken this thread well off topic. Sorry.

Jesus mate, keep your hair on. At no point did I say that I feared for my life without hand sanitizer. I merely pointed out that if the club installed the things in the, possibly mistaken, view that they may help to combat the virus then the least they could do is keep them filled.

It's amazing how the mere mention of painless little measures that could help the situation (however slightly) brings so much froth, defiance and straw-manning from the chest-beating skeptics.

Last edited:
Joined the queue at #944 at 09:20

Got in at 10:02

Managed to get the two seats directly in front of my two season tickets for my granddaughters. It will one's first match and the other's second.

Back
Top Bottom