FA Cup : The road to victory

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

4th round

Preston North End v Tottenham
Southampton v Blackpool
Wrexham v Sheffield United
Ipswich Town v Burnley
Manchester United v Reading
Luton or Wigan v Grimsby Town
Derby County v West Ham United
Stoke City v Aston Villa or Stevenage
Blackburn Rovers v Forest Green or Birmingham
Walsall v Leicester City
Sheffield Wednesday v Fleetwood Town
Manchester City or Chelsea v Oxford or Woolwich
Bristol City or Swansea v Chesterfield or West Brom
Brighton v Liverpool or Wolves
Fulham v Sunderland
Boreham Wood or Accrington Stanley v Cardiff or Leeds

A few PL teams won't get to 5th round !

6 PL teams out already (Everton, Crystal Palace, Notts Forest, Bournemouth, Brentford, Newcastle) and with those (almost all PL) ties another 4 will fall in two ties (Manchester City, Chelsea or Woolwich and Brighton, Liverpool or Wolves)........ including a few of those considered likely winners before this draw !

Interesting times !

I'll take that.

Take the game seriously and that should be us in the hat for the fifth round with two of Chelsea/City/Woolwich out too.

Picture

It was in 1898 that the famous lilywhite shirts and navy shorts were first worn. Again, the choice was informed by the desire to pay tribute to one of the English game’s great powers, in this case Preston North End, who dominated the game in the later years of the 19th century

Last time we played them in the cup
we lost 2-1 and this was our team
Jennings
Beal
Knowles
Mullery
Brown
Mackay
Gilzean
Saul
Greaves
Robertson

After the game there was strife outside the ground and it was quite nasty. One of my mates ended up in hospital. Not the best away trip!

Last edited:
Pretty annoyed as Liverpool should be out with Wolves going through. Only upside is more fixture congestion for Klopp - which ever so slightly hurts them in the league.

I'm still hoping there's one more that doesn't make it to the FOURTH Round!

There will certainly be two or more PL teams not getting through to 4th round as there's Liverpool/Wolves still to be settled as well as a replay matches involving PL Leeds

And that's on top of the 6 PL teams already out

There will certainly be two or more PL teams not getting through to 4th round as there's Liverpool/Wolves still to be settled as well as a replay matches involving PL Leeds

And that's on top of the 6 PL teams already out
...yeah, they're not exactly who I had in mind!!

Back
Top Bottom