Fabio Paratici

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I do remember it very well and I stand by my point

Appointing a novice like Mason a few days before a cup final after sacking an experienced manager was one of the worst decisions Levy has ever made

Strongly disagreed.

Having squad picked by popularity vote in dresser stood better chance of winning the final than team led by manager who no one was listening to anymore.

Strongly disagreed.

Having squad picked by popularity vote in dresser stood better chance of winning the final than team led by manager who no one was listening to anymore.
Ok we’ll disagree

The dresser decided to start Winksyboy

We lost I believe

We 100% lose that final with Jose.
With Mason we threw the dice on a new manager bounce. I can see the logic.

It had gotten so bad under Jose by the end.
LOL

The same mega-winner Jose who is 11 in 12 in finals?

Instead given to a clueless chancer amateur completely out of his depth who gave his Insta mates a run

Criminal

I think he did a pretty good job this summer, although not 10 out of 10. We have to remember he only started on the 1st July and so hasn't been in the job long at all. This time next year is when he should really be judged and on who we bring in next summer and keep at the club.

I do remember it very well and I stand by my point

Appointing a novice like Mason a few days before a cup final after sacking an experienced manager was one of the worst decisions Levy has ever made
The worst decision was not sacking him after we lost in Europe or when he made that disgraceful comment about 'same manager, different players'.

Last edited:
would hope most would agree it was the wrong time to sack him, could have waited a week or done it earlier in season
its says more about the ego of the board (Levy) than Jose's ego

The worst decision was not sacking him after we lost in Europe or when he made that disgraceful comment about'same manager, different players'.
Yes Levy always leaves it too late and he could have got an experienced manager in before the cup final
Even BFS Benitez or someone similar but no he leaves it until the last minute and the team and fans suffer as a result

We did lose.

But you make it sound like we would have been guaranteed to win under Mou. Which is beyond absurd, considering our performances under him prior his sacking.
Where have I ever said we would have been guaranteed to win under Mourinho????????

I’ll save you the bother

I didn’t!

All I said was that we would have stood a much better chance of winning with an experienced manager like Jose in charge rather than a complete and utter novice like Mason who just picked his mates like Winks and brought on Sissoko when we needed a goal!

New manager bounce
LOL

You have to appoint a ‘manager’ in the first place!

Levy didn’t quite clearly

So we lost!

Last edited:
I think he did a pretty good job this summer, although not 10 out of 10. We have to remember he only started on the 1st July and so hasn't been in the job long at all. This time next year is when he should really be judged and on who we bring in next summer and keep at the club.

I have no doubt that the players who left needed moving in to help a squad rebuild.

Other than Gollini none of incoming players have played in PL before so we need to give them all time to adjust before we can make any kind of judgement on them.

But I can certainly see why Gil was bought - only about 50 appearances in La Liga so still inexperienced but looks highly skilled and really tries to make things happen. I assumed he was a winger before he arrived but he is more like an Eriksen ( albeit playing in a different way) with his potential effect on the game. Potentially a game changing signing for us.

My general feeling is he changed out older players ( Sissoko, Aurier, Aldereeireld, Rose,Hart, Lamela ) to bring in much younger players ( other than ,26 year old Gollini all others are under 22) who with returning Loaners 20 year old Skipp and 21 year old Sessegnon, really invigorates the squad allowing more energy consuming tactics such as pressing to be more widely used. And by keeping Kane we ended up with a stronger squad than last season - and a squad which can be more easily strengthened next summer as we have fewer obvious deadwood to move on.

Going into this window it was obvious to me we could not expect to move on the maybe 10 players who ideally should have moved on - so with the moves made its a good solid '6.5 or 7 out of 10 for the transfer window.

And Nuno seems to have Dele more enthused and useful as an attacking CM than he has been for a couple of years, whilst our CB duo of Sanchez and Diet have looked far more reliable and capable than they ever looked under Mourhino. Only disappointment so far is Ndombele has not yet responded to Nuno - but 3 substantial improvements out of 4 players is good news

Worth labouring the point of giving players to adapt.

For example up until Christmas I can probably guess that some will say ' we should never have sold Lamela as we need him now not an inexperienced rookie" but by end of season I think most fans will be saying " That Gil is really changing games for us - so glad he plays for us '.

You clearly do not remember our state prior to Mou sacking properly.

Absolutely no belief, no cohesion. No player was fighting for his teammate.

This was rock-bottom at the end, just repeating "Mou used to win. Mou used to win. Mou used to win" sounds like trying to convince oneself. At that point just letting some players out from shackles was better bet than having someone in front who had lost the team. New manager bounce is not about tactical masterclass, it is about mental reset.
Mason was the worst possible appointment - clueless chancer clown

I have no doubt that the players who left needed moving in to help a squad rebuild.

Other than Gollini none of incoming players have played in PL before so we need to give them all time to adjust before we can make any kind of judgement on them.

But I can certainly see why Gil was bought - only about 50 appearances in La Liga so still inexperienced but looks highly skilled and really tries to make things happen. I assumed he was a winger before he arrived but he is more like an Eriksen ( albeit playing in a different way) with his potential effect on the game. Potentially a game changing signing for us.

My general feeling is he changed out older players ( Sissoko, Aurier, Aldereeireld, Rose,Hart, Lamela ) to bring in much younger players ( other than ,26 year old Gollini all others are under 22) who with returning Loaners 20 year old Skipp and 21 year old Sessegnon, really invigorates the squad allowing more energy consuming tactics such as pressing to be more widely used. And by keeping Kane we ended up with a stronger squad than last season - and a squad which can be more easily strengthened next summer as we have fewer obvious deadwood to move on.

Going into this window it was obvious to me we could not expect to move on the maybe 10 players who ideally should have moved on - so with the moves made its a good solid '6.5 or 7 out of 10 for the transfer window.

And Nuno seems to have Dele more enthused and useful as an attacking CM than he has been for a couple of years, whilst our CB duo of Sanchez and Diet have looked far more reliable and capable than they ever looked under Mourhino. Only disappointment so far is Ndombele has not yet responded to Nuno - but 3 substantial improvements out of 4 players is good news
Looks like Ndombelly is in the last chance saloon so hope he responds but not confident he wants to

Looks like Ndombelly is in the last chance saloon so hope he responds but not confident he wants to
how is Ndombelly in last chance saloon ? he has a contract for 3 yrs on £200K a week we have to buy it back or keep him
its us that are in a problem there is the contract and we agreed to pay £56M for him so we are £100M down until we sell him and who buys him agrees to pay his wages £200k pw

how is Ndombelly in last chance saloon ? he has a contract for 3 yrs on £200K a week we have to buy it back or keep him
its us that are in a problem there is the contract and we agreed to pay £56M for him so we are £100M down until we sell him and who buys him agrees to pay his wages £200k pw
We are the problem but I meant that he’s in the last chance saloon to be taken seriously

Either he shapes up and does it in the EPL or he fucks off back to France where he doesn’t have to exert himself so much

I can’t even see the Chinese being as gullible as we were

Good post
But one slight quibble. I'd say that Dele has made Dele more infused.
Came back earlier than he needed to for training and is working his socks off.

Not knocking Nuno, but I have to give credit to Dele, whether it works we'll wait and see.

Back
Top Bottom