Fabio Paratici

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm sorry. But this guy has failed at Spurs so far.

Let's analyse everything so far.

Transfers :

Romero -> Good deal , Fair enough.
Emerson -> £25m for a guy they now want to get rid of
Gollini -> Spurs don't want him
Gil -> £20m+Lamela for a guy they are trying to loan back from where he came from

So 3/4 signings have been failures or players deemed not good enough/not currently good enough for Spurs.

Then let's go onto to the managerial saga.
First it was Fonseca then randomly at the last minute he pulls out because he didn't think Fonseca was defensive enough? What's that all about? And also isn't the club's DNA an attacking one? Anyway..
Then he wanted to get Gattuso. Why? Mendes/Serie A links(Something we'll come back to later..)
Gattuso was never a good fit and only fan reaction stopped that happening.
Then his next best target Nuno. No one wanted him. Everyone knew it would be doomed (check forum posts etc.) Yet Paratici fully convinced Levy to go for him. He even showed him tactical videos. Only for Paratici to then sack him October.
We got Conte maybe because of Paratici maybe because of Levy but the point is his little project failed what? 3 months...

And finally this window. Probably the worst of the lot.
28 days in - NO INS/NO OUTS. Even Levy/Hitchen would struggle to match that sort of activity.
He spent the first 3 weeks negotiating for Adama Traore. To never actually reach Wolves asking price and then as soon as another club comes in he just sits there and lets it happen.
Then there next target is Diaz. Again they take too long to negotiate , Liverpool get wind and surprise suprise Liverpool can wrap up a deal quickly.

SO what do they do? Now let's go back to this bit Mendes/Serie A links(Something we'll come back to later..)

All our targets now are basically Serie A players. That's all Paratici can do . And not even the best of Serie A players like Romero. Serie A players who can't start for their teams.

In Essecence players offered by their clubs or agents desperate for Spurs to take them, Does that alarm anyone btw? With Traore/Diaz u can tell the selling clubs actually rated their players in this case it seems not.
I'm sure we'll see some More Mendes specials or Serie A links but basically its clear there's been no clear focus and just a scattergun approach this window. The first target being whatever player has suddenly been most recently offered to Paratici.

Look at the outgoings. No one has gone. No one is even that close to going and if Ndombele/Lo Celso go like expected we are downgrading on them .

Ultimately to judge how successful this window is (come back to this on 1st Feb) we need to see how different our first XI is compared to the before the window started. On this current trajectory the first XI will be exactly the same with the signings coming in simply bench or depth players and perhaps not even upgrades on what we have. Serious questions have to be asked on the current trajectory.

Sorry for the really long post. Just very very fustrated with him. If he is as good as many say then he has to show it in these next days but so far bar Romero/Conte he has constantly cocked up every other decision.

Fair post but please let’s not lose sight of who is really to blame for our woes.

:levyeyes:

Ain’t nothing changing til this cunt gets ended.

Something surprising: SIGN FUCKING NO ONE!
Me Monday night

200.gif

I think we can end all this Don Paratici bollocks right now.

7 months here, he's managed to get 1 player ready for the first team (Romero) and seems to be now resorting to signing the rejects his old club are trying to get rid of. Most of which he signed.

He's fooling nobody right now.

I think we can end all this Don Paratici bollocks right now.

7 months here, he's managed to get 1 player ready for the first team (Romero) and seems to be now resorting to signing the rejects his old club are trying to get rid of. Most of which he signed.

He's fooling nobody right now.

At best he is a weak puppet for Levy not able to do anything he wants and just bows down to whatever Levy tells him to do.

At worst, and more likely, he is a fraud with limited skills that rode the coat tails of Marotta but is nowhere near good enough to run the show himself.

Levy will be happy with him because he's a wheler dealer which falls in line with how Levy wants the clubs to do business, seems like Paratici does the scattergun approach which has been synonymous with Spurs for pretty much throughout ENIC's tenure.

surely Levy has been talking/having meetings with this guy every week since the season started ?
questions Levy shouldhave been asking
What are your feelings about the squad ?
who are we looking at player wise ?
who does manager want ? (yes it may have changed a bit once Conte came in) But as DoF he must already have had ideas of players that need to come in/go out ?
why have we wasted a week with ni matches where new player could have been training/ getting family used to London ?
surely he shouldhave made contact with targets,Clubs & agents in December

Having brought in Conte the guy deserves at least this and the next transfer window before being cunted off. People quick to judge someone on this forum, our fan base never used to be like this.

So much speculation but I will give it until the end of February and see if the squad is actually better than before. However much you criticise Dele, Ndombele, Lo Celso & Gill, the incoming players need to prove themselves in training and get on the pitch to prove themselves to the fans to be better than any departures. Do not want any more players for the future, they need to be ready to play this season. As Paratici knows some of these players he really is staking his reputation on them being able to play.

Having brought in Conte the guy deserves at least this and the next transfer window before being cunted off. People quick to judge someone on this forum, our fan base never used to be like this.

Partially agree with you, but from day dot, the minute he walked in, he should have been formulating a clear plan and pattern of what we need and how we can get it, but it just doesn't look like that. I'm sure it's all easier said than done, and we see less than 10% of what goes on behind the scenes, yet I can't help but think this scattergun approach will continue.

I hope Kulusevski and especially Bentancur, as we have allegedly bought this bloke, come to us, settle and play to their fullest and show that these were good, solidly good, players and the best it yet to come...

I just can't see it. Perhaps I've got THFCPTSD

And a few others I’m sure all similar type players with a serious lack of creativity and players fit for only one style of play. What happens if we change coach who wants to play with a back 4 and more passing style of play?
this dodgy twat is doing Juventus favours by taking all the deadwood after they spent big money on Vlahovic.

When Conte and Paradodgy leave we will be stuck with the 2 deadwood Juve players trying to flog them.

I’ve been calm this window up until now but not any more. This bloke is a fucking disgrace. He has had a month and hasn’t completed a single deal in or out. He’s had since 1 July to sort shit out yet appears to have done absolutely fuck all.
To busy hollering behind the dug out to his choice of coach Nuno over 3 lucky 1-0 wins. Joker of the highest order!

Back
Top Bottom