Fabrice Muamba - leaves hospital

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Schoolboy'sOwnStuff said:
Sorry Raitei, but I only remember him from two threads and he's been deliberately provocative in both.

He may have asked a pertinent question, but what was he expecting the answer to be?

I haven't neg repped (ever, actually, except by mistake), but he's taken a very controversial stance to a very emotive topic.

A man defying the odds to beat premature death?

Legend.

i negged rep you..... and since you never do it
frabz-hey-bitch-im-pointing-at-you-what-you-gonna-do-about-it-4eb003.jpg

A legend (Latin, legenda, "things to be read") is a narrative of human actions that are perceived both by teller and listeners to take place within human history and to possess certain qualities that give the tale verisimilitude. Legend, for its active and passive participants includes no happenings that are outside the realm of "possibility", defined by a highly flexible set of parameters, which may include miracles that are perceived as actually having happened, within the specific tradition of indoctrination where the legend arises, and within which it may be transformed over time, in order to keep it fresh and vital, and realistic. A majority of legends operate within the realm of uncertainty, never being entirely believed by the participants, but also never being resolutely doubted.

PS You sir are a prick

PPS sorry I know I'm feeding the troll, but that really fried my rashers.

Sorry Raitei, but I only remember him from two threads and he's been deliberately provocative in both.

He may have asked a pertinent question, but what was he expecting the answer to be?

I haven't neg repped (ever, actually, except by mistake), but he's taken a very controversial stance to a very emotive topic.

Legend.
Personally I think several of you overreacted. Negrepping, telling the guy to fuck off and generally targeting his like of Chelsea and reasons to have a go at it really didn't have anything to do with the original question.

I do actually think it is a legtimate question. One can say that all he is is an average, well paid footballer who, through no design of his own, suffered an unfortunate incident. It could also be said that his recovery is more down to the quality of the medical treatment he has received, including the installation of a defibrillator, than some superhuman effort on his part. So, as impressive as his recovery has been, I can certainly see the scope for an argument that the word "legend" is over the top.

On the other hand, I can also see an argument for the use of the word. Legend often denotes a person who is able to inspire others. He is a public figure and if part of his swift recovery and desire to get on with his life is mostly down to his own efforts, then the title is befitting a person who reacts to bad situations so strongly.

So, I can see where both sides are coming from and it's a perfectly acceptable discussion point. The orreaction in this thread is uncalled for IMO.

dmarchantthfc said:

Legend.

Back atcha, muthafucka.

dmarchantthfc said:

Legend.

Back atcha, muthafucka.
felt good didn't it :nawty:

We all know the word legend is over used, but its a personal opinion, and thus can't be disagreed with.
an anti semite might class Hitler as a legend,
a christian might see Jesus as a legend,
an Woolwich fan might class any random cunt that has worn that rag of shite a legend,

for being able to be impartial and objective, yes he does. So here you go SS (worst abbrevation ever for a jew :avblol: ) have some pos rep :bae:

[edit]and then being the total moron I am, I manage to click neg... wow... genious move Kal, just genious... time to find two other posts of yours then...[/edit]

onebelo said:
i'm going to stop right here, people are too quick to jump to insults for really no reason. just read back and see whats been said.

You being a chelsea fan is a pretty good fucking reason. Fuck off.

Kalyl said:
for being able to be impartial and objective, yes he does. So here you go SS (worst abbrevation ever for a jew :avblol: ) have some pos rep :bae:

[edit]and then being the total moron I am, I manage to click neg... wow... genious move Kal, just genious... time to find two other posts of yours then...[/edit]

I should really read a thread until the end before giving or taking rep!

To be fair I don't think he's a "legend".

He survived a near-death experience, but so have millions of people around the world, his was only more publicised because it happened live on television and/or in front of a massive audience.

He's a lucky guy, but it's hardly his fault it happened or even through his own doing that he has survived; ergo he has done nothing to deserve me viewing him as a legend.

Back
Top Bottom