Famous / Notable Spurs Fans

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I dont confuse the two issues and neither do I think that Phil Collins is beyond reproach.
As a solo artist hes very marmite and he was part of a band that isnt everyone's cup of tea. I know that.
However, he is a technically gifted and innovative drummer with few peers and less people that are better, but I know that he isn't the drummers GOAT.
Krupa, Bonham, Rich and the eccentric Moon are all probably better but then you descend into genre drummers with talents for the styles that they were part of.
But then out of the list of better drummers -who (of them) were also the lead singer for one of the worlds best (one of - not THE) stadium bands with millions of followers across the globe, who went on to become a solo (singing) success in his own right?
Then name instrumentalists who also did that..... Prince?

So before you lot condemn me for my opinions, try looking at the facts and the numbers. You might not of liked him, or knew of how good a drummer he was, or even know just how good a band lead singer he was

But what he achieved, puts him beyond anything Beck ever managed musically.
calm down, wind ya neck in, I didn't for a minute condemn your opinion infact I tended to agree with it..anyway, you forgot the God of all drummers Neil Peart

calm down, wind ya neck in, I didn't for a minute condemn your opinion infact I tended to agree with it..anyway, you forgot the God of all drummers Neil Peart
Sorry?, I just took the time to give you a considered response and you come back with this?
Name all of Neal Pearts hit singles, number one LPs etc etc
Talented as he might be/have been, has he fronted a major rock band, been their creative drummer or carved out a massive success as a solo performing artist?
No.

Now do a poll on here asking who the fuck has heard of him.

Wind your own neck in

I think a lot of people dismiss Phil Collins as a drummer because he is mostly remembered today as the singer from the 80s, but he actually was a great drummer. Go listen to some of the early Genesis records (Selling England, Foxtrot, The Lamb, etc.) if you don’t believe it.

Also, John Bonham’s son rates Collins as a drummer:

Don’t get me wrong, Beck is one of my favorite guitar players and I’ve seen him live, but he is not the bigger or more famous celebrity. Collins can still sell out arenas while Beck plays much smaller venues.

Phil Collins?!

Bah, Dave Grohl is a much better drummer and Foo Fighters may be a tad bland to some but still most of their songs are a gazillion times better than anything that Collins fuck has came up with.

I don't believe Grohl is a Spurs fan though.

:pochsmirk:

Anyway, Jeff Beck is cool.

Phil Collins most definitely is not.

Wasn't Bob Marley a Spurs fan? If so that trumps Beck and Collins put together.

I reckon Beck was more influential to people, but Collins is the bigger star(though i am not really a fan)
And yes, by all accounts Bob Marley was Spurs.
Probably been mentioned, but the Jams Bruce Foxton, 9 below zeros's/The Truth 's Dennis Greaves and Secret affair's Ian Page are all Spurs. Quite represented by Mod bands in general as the Chords Buddy Ascott is Spurs as well

Sorry?, I just took the time to give you a considered response and you come back with this?
Name all of Neal Pearts hit singles, number one LPs etc etc
Talented as he might be/have been, has he fronted a major rock band, been their creative drummer or carved out a massive success as a solo performing artist?
No.

Now do a poll on here asking who the fuck has heard of him.

Wind your own neck in
If you've never heard of Peart you have no place even discussing music.

You must be on the Christmas sherry.
Collins wouldn't make the top 20.
Think of Keith Moon, Ginger Baker etc they are light years ahead .
Sales can mean nothing in the sense of quality.
Abba have sold millions of middle of the road Europop but will always be regarded as housewife tosh and Collins has no legendary quality status.

I can't read what senile adult diaper wearing fool posts on here as he's on ignore, but is he saying Phil Collins is the greatest drummer or along those lines hahahaha Phil fucking Collins my word.

Neil Peart

Matt Sorum

Keith Moon

Dave Grohl

Bollocks to the lot of you

Animal-Supreme-2019-02.jpg

:mourfinger:

I can't read what senile adult diaper wearing fool posts on here as he's on ignore, but is he saying Phil Collins is the greatest drummer or along those lines hahahaha Phil fucking Collins my word.
You really are an odious piece of work.
At no point in time have I said hes the greatest, so if your attention span is so short or your ability to interpret the written word is so poor then it's more likely that you are the one with comprehension issues.

Back
Top Bottom