Fantasy FIFA/FM Tottenham Teams

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm assuming a lot of you guys play FIFA and FM so just thought I'd begin a thread (apologies if there is one similar) for how you improve your Tottenham teams, i.e. who are your go-to players. Perhaps this may echo what happens in real life or embrace the pure fantasy that games like FIFA and FM offer us. For the 2011/12 season and looking forward...
FIFA is more unrealistic than FM so there are some differences

GK: on FIFA i replaced Brad (who i believe wanted to retire) with Akinfeev, on FM with Carlos Kameni
LB: unfortunately the games don't rate Benny too highly, so he makes way for on FIFA, Fabio Coentrao or Baines on FM
CBs: Caulker is promoted to partner Kaboul on FIFA, although on FM i have acquired Serdar Tasci as Caulker wasn't ready to step up
RB: Walker, no doubt.
LM: Bale - Marko Marin was quite often bought as backup, although not anymore (fucking Chelsea)
CDM: Always promote Sandro
CM: Modric who in the current crop of games always seems to request a transfer is replaced with, strangely enough, Nuri Sahin
CAM: VDV
RM: I always used to buy Hulk on FIFA (fucking chelsea) but also use Gio, who is a better player on both games than Lennon imo
ST: Adebayor is one of the worst players on FIFA imo so he was most recently replaced by Fiorentina's Jovetic, but have also replaced him with Llorente on FIFA and Moussa Sow on FM

Does anyone else create a similar team? Would be interesting to see how other people construct their tottenham teams, i.e. who they keep, sell, replace... What do you do when you're this guy, :avblol: on FIFA and FM?

[centre]4-4-1-1

Steve Mandanda
Walker Kaboul Jan Benny
Lennon Modric Sandro Bale
VDV
Huntelaar

I don't mix it up that much[/centre]

On Fifa:

[centre]Friedel
Walker - Kaboul - BAE
Lennon - Modric - Sandro - Bale
VDV
Ade - Defoe[/centre]

Yeah, who needs a back 4?

(On career mode my team looks a lot different, got ter Stegen, Hummels, Bender, Reus, Holtby, Draxler and Schuerlle. Yeah, I like raiding the Bundesliga)

Cripps14 said:
(On career mode my team looks a lot different, got ter Stegen, Hummels, Bender, Reus, Holtby, Draxler and Schuerlle. Yeah, I like raiding the Bundesliga)

To be fair, the Bundesliga has some unbelievable young talent. Borussia Dortmund especially are always good for raiding: subotic and hummels are both crazy good. Just makes me think that Germany are going to keep producing young, brilliant players yet when they mature to first team players in major tournaments they'll come up short like in 2008, 2010 and 2012 WC's and EC's but everyone will always say: "yeh but you should see the young players this nation are producing..." Anyways back on track...

I generally only sign players we are linked to. Season 3 on FIFA.

First XI. 4-3-3 (4)
......................... Lloris
Walker .. Kaboul ... Vertonghen .. Ekotto
........... Sandro ..... Huddlestone
............... Van der Vaart (C)
Lennon .................................... Bale
..................... Adebayor

Rotation XI. 4-1-2-1-2

........................ Gomes
Naughton Dawson (C) Caulker .. Rose
....................... Livermore
Dos Santos ........................... Townsend
....................... Sigurðsson
............... Defoe ........ Lancaster

Reserves. 1
Messi

FM i'm a lot of years in, still got the basic team but added Ter Stegen in goal and Leandro Damiao up top. Recently replaced Lennon with Pedro, and bought Benzema as a backup.

FIFA i'm a bit more sensible with. Keep the entire team the same except for Soldado up top.

FIFA: Normally sell all the big players other than Bale and sign big. Hulk, Hazard, Damiao, Adler, Maercelo and Schweinsteiger are the normal lot I go for.

dmarchantthfc said:
none of you use bassong on FM? hes a beast on mine

I usually sell him off cos you can get at least 5 mil for him. But I do remember keeping him on one save nd him being good actually. Has anyone done enough seasons to see how Coubilaly turns out?

Back
Top Bottom