Fantasy Premier League 2013-14

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Really liking my team, any suggestions come keepers? Any thoughts on Soldado price? I'm thinking probably around 8.5.

I had Mignolet and Begovic last season. Both pretty decent for their price.

I find mid-table keepers are usually best. They keep the odd clean sheet, but if they don't then they get enough saves to get a point or two. Vorm or Krul could be good again this season after injury hit seasons last year.

I'd avoid Begovic this year, Hughes will be far more attacking and you can get better value elsewhere.

Yeah, not got him this year. Thinking about sticking with Mignolet though. Jääskeläinen is always a possibility and 4.5m for Alan McGregor could be worth a shout too.

Yeah, not got him this year. Thinking about sticking with Mignolet though. Jääskeläinen is always a possibility and 4.5m for Alan McGregor could be worth a shout too.

I went for Boruc, as when Mignolet is home he's away etc... so good rotation.

I'd avoid Begovic this year, Hughes will be far more attacking and you can get better value elsewhere.

You are aiding the opposition.

Begovic is great. Really fantastic keeper surrounded by some of the best defenders in the world. Everyone should have him. Do it. Do it.

Just joined

Dembele and Townsend are both 5.5 which isnt much. Cheapest midfielders available too

Towsend won't get enough game time. If we play 4-3-3 then Dembele may be interesting but considering he played a lot of games last season and didn't get to triple figures in his fantasy score I wouldn't waste my time selecting him.

Been looking for a cheap mf sub, Kim for 5.0m in Cardiff seems to be a good choice. Has scored 3 goals in 3 games in pre-season. The manager has gone out and said he will be of great importance this season and the Cardiff fans seem to be absolutely raving about him on their forums. Saying he's on a different level than the other guys in Cardiff.

Might be worth a punt as a cheapie, probably gonna see if he does any well against Athletic the 10th though.

Been looking for a cheap mf sub, Kim for 5.0m in Cardiff seems to be a good choice. Has scored 3 goals in 3 games in pre-season. The manager has gone out and said he will be of great importance this season and the Cardiff fans seem to be absolutely raving about him on their forums. Saying he's on a different level than the other guys in Cardiff.

Might be worth a punt as a cheapie, probably gonna see if he does any well against Athletic the 10th though.
One midfielder you might want to look at is Wanyama for Southampton.

I think Noone is the starter in that position, he was great for Brighton but not seen him play for Cardiff. Also at £5m. Wanmaya is a good shout. I think CD & DMs will get better reward than in previous seasons also.

I think Noone is the starter in that position, he was great for Brighton but not seen him play for Cardiff. Also at £5m. Wanmaya is a good shout. I think CD & DMs will get better reward than in previous seasons also.

Cardiff forums are quite sure on him being a starter, and if Capoue goes there, they think Kim will be pushed even further up the pitch. I think it's worth a check in their last pre-season game.

Soldado in btw! 9.5m, had hoped it to be 9.0. Still going for him though.

Towsend won't get enough game time. If we play 4-3-3 then Dembele may be interesting but considering he played a lot of games last season and didn't get to triple figures in his fantasy score I wouldn't waste my time selecting him.

I know , had him in the team because he is my fav player by far but not someone that will get loads of points

I think Southampton are gonna be good this season (Lovren was a FUCKING SIGNING), but I don't know who will start in the middle of the park between Cork, Schneiderlin and Wanyama. Presumably Cork will be benched, but he should still get a lot of gametime. If it is Wanyama and Schneiderlin, Wanyama could get a quite lot of attacking freedom.

Swansea midfielders normally get a lot of points, but this year they have way too many, and there will probably be quite a bit of rotation. I'm not sure about how good Canas and Pozuelo are, so I don't if De Guzman or Ki will play every game.

By the way, if any of you are on Sky Sports as well, Soldado's a fucking bargain. He's only 8.1, less than Defoe, Anelka and Jonathan Walters.

Back
Top Bottom