Favourite spurs XI

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Too hard to choose one particular XI but here are the players I would choose from:

Jennings, Lloris, Thorstvedt,

Knowles, Houghton
Vertonghen
King, Perryman, Roberts
Carr, Gough, Walker, Lee Young-pyo,

MacKay, Blanchflower, Dembele, Mullery, Mabbutt, Villa, Sandro, Carrick, Pratt
Ardiles, Modric, van der Vaart, Burgess,
Hoddle, Gascoigne, Peters, John White

Son, Ginola, Coates,
Kane, Klinsmann, Greaves, Lineker, Gilzean, Berbatov, Chivers, Archibald, Clive Allen, Keane,
Bale, Waddle, Cliff Jones, Lamela,

Last edited:
trouble is i can't stop think should he go in as a favourite or should i be also looking at is he one of best in position

I think I still have it somewhere.

There was another with Brian Clough picking an England team.
Watching a selection of the highlights on the YouTube upload. I was struck by two things 1) we used to actually play through the CM / CAM areas. On how I miss that. And 2) so much of our history is based on moments of genuine genius. You could go to Spurs and honestly have that one moment in a game that made a dream possible. These days we don’t have much of that and a general feeling that we have a load of surrender monkeys who would rather pass back than shoot forward ( Kane and Son aside ).

Too hard to choose one particular XI but here are the players I would choose from:

Jennings, Lloris, Thorstvedt,

Knowles, Houghton
Vertonghen
King, Perryman, Roberts
Carr, Gough, Walker, Lee Young-pyo,

MacKay, Blanchflower, Dembele, Mullery, Mabbutt, Villa, Sandro, Carrick, Pratt
Ardiles, Modric, van der Vaart, Burgess,
Hoddle, Gascoigne, Peters, John White

Son, Ginola, Coates,
Kane, Klinsmann, Greaves, Lineker, Gilzean, Berbatov, Chivers, Archibald, Clive Allen, Keane,
Bale, Waddle, Cliff Jones, Lamela,
Great choices
Vintage Applause GIF

If any team doesnt have lloris, dembele and vertonghen in it, your opinion is wrong! Watched spurs for 30 years and havent seen a team be as good as when these 3 were playing together.

Gomes

Carr
King
Vertonghen
Rose (there isn’t a spurs player that I identified with more in nearly 30 years)

Huddlestone
Modric

Son
Eriksen
Ginola

Berbatov

Bench:

Lloris, Toby, BAE, Dembele, Bale, Defoe, Kane.

All time (Straight 442 no positions etc just 4 defenders, 4 midfielders and 2 forwards)

Jennings/Ditchburn

Beal
Mackay
Burgess
Blanchflower

Roberts
Perryman
Hoddle
Jones

Greaves
Smith

So so many would go close - notable exceptions - Seed, Duquemin, Medwin, Gilzean, Chivers, Mabbutt, Ardiles.

We've certainly been very lucky to have such players at our wonderful club.

Walker

King Dawson Vertonghen

Dominguez Davids Gazza Waddle

Berbatov Lineker Bale

....an International break I see!

Just as sure as the moon comes up at night, so this thread gets an airing during International week!

Love it...

I'm off to dive into the Spurs Retro Photos thread.....

Back
Top Bottom