Favourite spurs XI

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Picking players I have seen live & 4-4-2

Lloris,
van Den Hauwe, Mabbutt, King, Edinburgh, Ginola, Hoddle, Stewart, Waddle
Kane, Lineker

VDV almost pipped Kane ! Dembele is a far better player than Stewart. But had to go with Paul Stewart.

My actual favourite team of recent years (Premier League) would consist of -

Lloris

Walker
Alderweireld
King
Vertonghen

Skipp
Dembele
Eriksen

Son
Bale
Kane

Put Skipp in there more for what he will bring to the team over the coming years.

Really wanted to find a place for Aaron Lennon. He was electric on his day.

----------------lloris--------------
walker---toby----king-----rose
lennon--modric--dembele--bale
----------berbatov---kane-------

cant include players like klinsmann and co as although i watched them i was a kid.

11 players I’ve loved watching…

Lloris
Jan
Dawson
Toby
Mabbutt
Bale
Gazza
Modric
Dembele
Sonny
Kane

Can’t figure out a system but maybe a 3-1-4-2 that will no doubt confuse everyone - including the players.

:contehandshead:
Definitely want Clemence as one of your 3 keepers; I remember when he joined he thought he would have a low key campaign after highs of Liverpool only to find himself in a team with a shout at three trophies. He really tightened up the defence with his presence.

I know the feeling. I've been picking my best 11 for years and the longer it goes the harder it gets.
So as I've been following Spurs for 55 years I'm picking two teams.
Here is my Spurs A team v my Spurs B team. I've only picked players I've seen play. And I don't pick current players, only ex-players

Spurs A

Jennings

Walker
England
King
Hughton

Ardiles
Hoddle
Mckay
Bale

Greaves
Klinsmann

Spurs B

Clemence

Perryman
Vertonghen
Mabbutt
Knowles

Dembele
Gascoigne
Roberts
Peters
Waddle

Lineker
Correction. I should have picked Chivers instead of Peters.
Peters is in my Spurs C team.

Joe Hart

Dean Austin
Stuart Nethercott
Gary Doherty
Justin Edinburgh

David Bentley
Kevin-Prince Boateng
Tanguy Ndombele
Jonathan Blondel

Grzegorz Raziak
Helder Postiga

Nethercott and Doherty has to be THE most ginger and useless pairing of all-time.
Don't put Justin in with that lot.

The Viking, Hugo...... 2 keepers

Mabbut, King, Dawson, Jan...... 4 CBs

Gazza, Hoddle, Waddle, Ozzie, C.Allen, Archibald, Ginola, Nayim, P.Walsh, P.Stewart..... 80s/90s

BAE, Lamela, Dembele, Sandro, Steeeeeeed, Lucas, VDV, Bale, Kane...... 2000s

= 25 man squad of faves. All lads I loved; regardless of how good they were.

MANAGER: Poch.

Honorable mentions: Modric, Huddlestone, Dele (Not his brother!), Lennon, Palacios, BMJ

Jennings

Perryman, King, Roberts, Hughton

Taylor, Hoddle, Gazza, Galvin

Kane, Archibald

Subs
Eric, Gough, Ginola, Waddle, Falco.

Definitely not the best XI but all struck a chord with me and I've only included those I saw live.

Iverson is a good call. He always looked like he could be quality but didn't quite get there. I vaguely remember a hat trick against Sunderland.

I remember Iverson coming back from injury to get the first goal after 2 minutes in a 5-1 defeat of Chelsea in a Worthngton Cup semi final - I was in a pub with a lot of loud mouth Chelsea fans who were mocking Spurs fans calling our ground 'three point lane' ...... for some reason the Chelsea fans snuck out when the score became 4-0 (our first win over Chelsea for donkey's years)

My actual favourite team of recent years (Premier League) would consist of -

Lloris

Walker
Alderweireld
King
Vertonghen

Skipp
Dembele
Eriksen

Son
Bale
Kane

Put Skipp in there more for what he will bring to the team over the coming years.

Really wanted to find a place for Aaron Lennon. He was electric on his day.

Can't believe I forgot Modric!

Sorry, Skippy, but you're out.

Tempted to put in Berbatov over Son but feel him and Kane are a bit one paced to have both in the side.

Most fun 11 to watch, cult heroes

Mixture of oozing class, and total randomness and electrifying energy

Gomes
King Verts Atouba
Lennon Sandro Freund Davids Ginola
Kanoute Bale

Wish we had those 3 CMs in our squad now. Show some of them what having a spine really means.

Never forget Davids confronting Parlour a couple of games after signing for us. I was pinching myself that the pitbull was playing for us. Him and his orange goggles.
Timotay was a fun watch.

Back
Top Bottom