FavoUrite XI

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm the same as Kris Kris

Younger with no memories of Ginola etc

Mines a favourite, not a 'best' which most people seem to be doing

Cudicini

Corluka JV King BAE

Lennon Taino Modrić VdV

Bale Pav

Subs;
Lloris
LYP
Woodgate
GdS
Kranjcar
Keane

Hmmmm...stuck already.

Thorstvedt

Thomas
Mabbutt
King
Zeige

Hoddle
Gascoigne
Waddle
Bale

Sheringham
Lineker

subs

Gough
Robinson
Ginola
van der Vaart
Davids
Klinsmann
Atouba - he was so shit.

Charles Ambler​
Tom Collins Ted Hughes Danny Steel Jack Jull​
Jimmy Dimmock Bert Smith Steffen Freund Fanny Walden​
John Cameron Sandy Brown​

4-3-3
GK: Thorstvedt
LB: Bale – I cheated a bit here because I actually prefer Bale as a LM or LF but then there would be no room for Ginola up front and that frankly doesn’t cut it for me.
CB: the King , the bionic man destined to be one of the greatest English centre backs if it wasn’t for those pesky muscles and knees. But nonetheless he earns himself a spot in my XI , he is a phenomenon.
CB: Vertonghen : had to pick a Belgian and he won from Dembele
RB: This is the most difficult spot because I can’t seem to remember a real good RB since I started as a fan but I’ll go for Carr then. Mainly because of that one goal against Man U.
CML : Jenas, I ll probably be the only one to include him in the team but I have always been a fan. He is much maligned but I for one am sure that if he was not such a nice calm boy but an arrogant cock , he could have been a great player for us.
CMR Anderton , not my favorite player in terms of style but a player with a heart, loyalty (refusing moves to man u and others). And considering I have a weakness for the unfortunate (see Jenas, Poyet …) he couldn’t miss out on my spurs XI.
AM : Poyet , fantastic nose for goals and even if he was very vulnerable still did great things for us. Another player who could have been even greater if it wasn’t for injuries. Also a very honest and charming man.
LFWD: Ginola without a shadow of a doubt , the flair , the technique and the charming personality. A superstar without even having to try too hard. He embodies what a spurs players should be for me , not just a player who does his job but somebody who loves the game and wants to offer that little bit extra.
CFWD: Lineker , everybody was Maradonna or scifo on the playground when we were small kids but me , I was always Lineker. He instilled the love for this rollercoaster club in me.
RFWD : Lennon - the workrate, the speed , the end ball and the way he almost never gets in trouble for childish reactions on the pitch.

4-3-3
GK: Thorstvedt
LB: Bale – I cheated a bit here because I actually prefer Bale as a LM or LF but then there would be no room for Ginola up front and that frankly doesn’t cut it for me.
CB: the King , the bionic man destined to be one of the greatest English centre backs if it wasn’t for those pesky muscles and knees. But nonetheless he earns himself a spot in my XI , he is a phenomenon.
CB: Vertonghen : had to pick a Belgian and he won from Dembele
RB: This is the most difficult spot because I can’t seem to remember a real good RB since I started as a fan but I’ll go for Carr then. Mainly because of that one goal against Man U.
CML : Jenas, I ll probably be the only one to include him in the team but I have always been a fan. He is much maligned but I for one am sure that if he was not such a nice calm boy but an arrogant cock , he could have been a great player for us.
CMR Anderton , not my favorite player in terms of style but a player with a heart, loyalty (refusing moves to man u and others). And considering I have a weakness for the unfortunate (see Jenas, Poyet …) he couldn’t miss out on my spurs XI.
AM : Poyet , fantastic nose for goals and even if he was very vulnerable still did great things for us. Another player who could have been even greater if it wasn’t for injuries. Also a very honest and charming man.
LFWD: Ginola without a shadow of a doubt , the flair , the technique and the charming personality. A superstar without even having to try too hard. He embodies what a spurs players should be for me , not just a player who does his job but somebody who loves the game and wants to offer that little bit extra.
CFWD: Lineker , everybody was Maradonna or scifo on the playground when we were small kids but me , I was always Lineker. He instilled the love for this rollercoaster club in me.
RFWD : Lennon - the workrate, the speed , the end ball and the way he almost never gets in trouble for childish reactions on the pitch.
Poyet? Honest and charming?

1) Robbo- Better goal record than most keepers, surely ;-)

2) Walker- just for the goal against scum
4) King- Legend.
5) Dawson- everything you want in a CB
3) BAE- I haven't actually seen another left back play in my time supporting spurs. apart from the odd game when he was out.

6) Modric- graceful, skilful and cunt-ful.
7) Sandro- destined for greatness, no one can match what he does.

8) Lennon- hugely improved this season and always helps the team out.
9) VDV- was such a surprise when he signed but what a player, just played the game like it should be played
10) Bale- one of the best I've ever seen.

11) Defoe- seems to really care about the club and does score a few goals.

Seeing as this forum is full the brim with flagrant disregard for rules, have a favourite Tottenham XI.

Paul Robinson (run close by Erik)
Ziege
King
Mabbutt
Thomas

Gascoigne
Hoddle
Davids
Waddle

van der Vaart
Sheringham

SUBS
Thorstvedt
Dawson
Gough
Ginola
Carr
Claesen
Defoe

27810-Grumpy-Cat-is-happy-vjxK.jpeg

--------------------------Lloris-------------------------
Walker--------Ledley--------Super Jan---------BAE
----------Modric------ Eriksen----------VDV--------
------Lamela-----------Lineker------------Bale-------

Last edited:
Favourites:

Lloris
Carr - Ledley - Doherty - Edman/BAE
Ginola - Sandro - Van der Vaart - Bale
Iversen - Soldado​

Edman purely for that goal against the Scousers. Soldado hasn't done anything for us yet but I loved him from his Valencia days so I shall stick by him! Every time I scored when I was younger people called me Iversen (I think it's the blonde hair) so he was always a favourite. Doherty just for being utter shit, I mean he realy really is awful. The rest are fairly sel-explanatory!

P.Robinson
S.Carr - L.King - J.Woodgate - B.Assou-Ekotto
A.Lennon - L.Modric - T.Huddlestone - G.Bale
R.Keane - D.Berbatov
Subs: Lloris, P.Chimbonda, M.Dawson, Sandro, N.Kranjcar, R.Van Der Vaart, F.Kanoute.

Jennings
Perryman-- Ledley -Vertonghen - Knowles
Ginola- Hoddle - Van der Vaart - Bale
Gilzean - Greaves

How any of you cunts put Stephen fucking Carr above Kyle Walker and Vedran Corluka in a FAVOURITE eleven is beyond me. I remember travelling the length of the country to watch an F.A. Cup quarter final v. Newcastle where we had 70% of the possession and lost 1-0 only to have Carr mock us at full time.

And some of you pricks put him in your favourite EVER 11 for Spurs?! Fix up, the lot of ya.

------------------------------Robinson--------------------------------
Walker---------------King--------------Dawson-------------Ekotto
Gascoigne----------Modric-----------Van der Vaart-------Ginola
----------------Keane------Iversen------Pavlyuchenko-------------

I can't count

How any of you cunts put Stephen fucking Carr above Kyle Walker and Vedran Corluka in a FAVOURITE eleven is beyond me. I remember travelling the length of the country to watch an F.A. Cup quarter final v. Newcastle where we had 70% of the possession and lost 1-0 only to have Carr mock us at full time.

And some of you pricks put him in your favourite EVER 11 for Spurs?! Fix up, the lot of ya.

------------------------------Robinson--------------------------------
Walker---------------King--------------Dawson-------------Ekotto
Gascoigne----------Modric-----------Van der Vaart-------Ginola
----------------Keane------Iversen------Pavlyuchenko-------------

I can't count

Shhhhh....it's going to be okay.....

Back
Top Bottom