Fernando Llorente

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can even see Poch rotating the two regularly. He scored a fair few goals at swansea surrounded by dog shit so kane's got serious competition now.
I think you'll see Kane in the league and bigger CL games, Llorente in lesser CL and FA Cup games and bigger league cup games. Janssen you'll see in the league cup (oh, and the Champion's League final, when he comes on and scores the winning goal:adethumbup:).

I think you'll see Kane in the league and bigger CL games, Llorente in lesser CL and FA Cup games and bigger league cup games. Janssen you'll see in the league cup (oh, and the Champion's League final, when he comes on and scores the winning goal:adethumbup:).

I've got a feeling Llorente will feature quite a bit in the league, and have time for a couple of modelling assignments. :gallashmm:

You know what, back in the day when everyone said "You'll never sign a Basque player" I was gutted when he went to Juve.

He has won everything and if he weighs more than Hudd it's because of the size of his balls rather than the size of his ketchup bottle.

I fucking loved Gudjohnson for coming in and being a man amongst boys when we needed him for a season, if all Llorente does is help sort out our attitude during Wembley that'll be enough for me. I'm fucking made up that The Sock Mk IV is here. Who knows, maybe Damiao will be filling our sacks at Christmas.
He actually isn't Basque at all, funnily enough, he got to play for Athletic Bilbao by them stretching the rules of Basqueness ridiculously, not for the first time.

Story is this. He comes from the La Rioja region, to the south of the Basque Country. His mum was a nurse at Pamplona Hospital in the neighbouring region of Navarra. This region is about a third Basque (in the north) and two thirds Castillian Spanish, but the whole area is claimed by the most fervently nationalist as being Euskal Herria, the Greater Basque Lands. When she was pregnant with the future Fernando, she decided to have her baby where she worked rather than in the nearest hospital to where she lived, Logroño. Three days later they went home to La Rioja again.

So his Basqueness is based on having been largely asleep for the first three days of his life in a city that is isn't really Basque to begin with.

Bit odd that he's so keen to learn from Harry

At 32, he's not likely to get much better

I'd be happier if he just backed himself I think

Bit carried away in the excitement and merriment perhaps

Bit odd that he's so keen to learn from Harry

At 32, he's not likely to get much better

I'd be happier if he just backed himself I think

Bit carried away in the excitement and merriment perhaps

Disagree. It's never too late to pick up new things and learn and that's absolutely the attitude a professional should have even at 32 after winning throughout his career.

It also shows how great and well respected our Harry is.

Disagree. It's never too late to pick up new things and learn and that's absolutely the attitude a professional should have even at 32 after winning throughout his career.

It also shows how great and well respected our Harry is.

You could definitely take it that way, I just like a bit of bravado in a front man

Don't want him watching Harry at the expense of expressing himself

If he was 18, I'd say differently

Seems Fernando has some significant qualities that we can make use of

Superb signing imo, finally have an option coming off the bench. He enjoyed his best seasons under Bielsa at Bilbao, so I think he'll slot in well.
Also think Kane can learn from him in regards to timing your runs into the box etc, think his heading is lacking

Magic number!

Isn't it a shame we weren't able to get him when he was 26/27.

I hope he has an impact that makes all the other players around him develop as well as having two more years being able to mix it at the top for us.

I'd love him to have the kind of impact all of those Sam Allardyce signings at Bolton had and I think he'll form a great relationship with Pochettino and Lloris. They have another wise head to help them with all the other different groups in the team (Dembele, Jan and Toby seem to be there own little group, as do a few others)

Looking forward to seeing the Lion King and how he does with our group of wannabes with potential

Back
Top Bottom