Fernando Llorente

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

...and then wont play anymore games for the rest of the season because Kane will be back.
You say that like it's a bad thing?!

The whole point of the SQUAD is that EVERYONE IN THAT SQUAD knows their place....

Kane, and Dele are first choice, Llorente and Moura aren't...

It takes a certain type of personality to accept that, not sulk when not playing, and fucking get on with it when they are...
Llorente and Moura fit that mould...

...and is probably why we haven't signed some egotistical Billy Big Boots striker who ISN'T prepared to play back up to Kane.

If Llorente does a job when called upon, then perfect.
THAT'S WHAT HE'S THERE FOR!

You say that like it's a bad thing?!...

...(some spazzing)..
When did I say its a bad thing. Mark Twain guy said who knows how important he will be for the rest of the season, I said he wont play again because Kane will be back. You've invented something in your head and went on a rant about it. Deep breaths.

1882 said:
You say that like it's a bad thing?!...

...(some spazzing)..
:pritchardeyes::bentley::gazza:

When did I say its a bad thing. Mark Twain guy said who knows how important he will be for the rest of the season, I said he wont play again because Kane will be back. You've invented something in your head and went on a rant about it. Deep breaths.
Awww... "Spazzing" ...I miss the '80s!

With Vinny back in the frame, shit jus got real for Papa Nando?
Not a chance. Janssen only looked useful if he could pin a defender and either lay it off to an onrushing Sonny or roll him and get a strike off. Otherwise all he did was foul oppo defenders because he wasn’t sharp enough to beat them to the ball, and for some weird reason that would be receive praise as perceived effort. He’s a bricklayer footballer.

Llorente is streets ahead in intelligence, positioning in the box, neither of them are outrunning anybody and at least Llorente gives you a focal point due to his height, and I think he’s much cleaner technically.

The way I see it, FL18 can do everything VJ9 can do, VJ9 can’t do the things FL18 can do

Not a chance. Janssen only looked useful if he could pin a defender and either lay it off to an onrushing Sonny or roll him and get a strike off. Otherwise all he did was foul oppo defenders because he wasn’t sharp enough to beat them to the ball, and for some weird reason that would be receive praise as perceived effort. He’s a bricklayer footballer.

Llorente is streets ahead in intelligence, positioning in the box, neither of them are outrunning anybody and at least Llorente gives you a focal point due to his height, and I think he’s much cleaner technically.

The way I see it, FL18 can do everything VJ9 can do, VJ9 can’t do the things FL18 can do

Was a tongue in cheek comment...

...But, to be fair to Vinny they're at opposite ends of their careers.

Vital assist today. Even when he doesn't score he gives us a much needed focal point in attack to hold up balls in games like this for players like Son to pounce on.

Some strikers are important for other things than just goals, and Fernando is a prime example of the classic target man in an old school two striker partnership

Vital assist today. Even when he doesn't score he gives us a much needed focal point in attack to hold up balls in games like this for players like Son to pounce on.

Some strikers are important for other things than just goals, and Fernando is a prime example of the classic target man in an old school two striker partnership
Totally. As soon as he came on he gave them a completely different problem to come to terms with.

His assist was taken for granted, but the defender gave him a massive shove with his arms as the ball reached his chest. Foul all day long, and a pen if in the area. Great strength to be able to ride that one.

Thought he was unlucky with that lovely Eriksen through ball for his header which went way over. About the only part of the pitch bathed in sunlight.

Totally. As soon as he came on he gave them a completely different problem to come to terms with.

His assist was taken for granted, but the defender gave him a massive shove with his arms as the ball reached his chest. Foul all day long, and a pen if in the area. Great strength to be able to ride that one.

Thought he was unlucky with that lovely Eriksen through ball for his header which went way over. About the only part of the pitch bathed in sunlight.
the irony of a Spaniard complaining about sun in England is not lost on me as well.

I said it in the match thread. But if we could just figure out the right amount of game time for him to keep him content he would be ideal to keep on the books as a plan B-C forward and locker room mentor.

Ideally we would have Kane, Llorente and a younger prospect to learn off of them both

Put in a shift today. Surprised he didn’t come on at the half. It was easy to see he was needed as a target man with Newcastle happy to park the bus and invite balls in from the wing. Son was MOTM for me but Llorente was vital in setting up his goal.

Back
Top Bottom