FIFA WORLD CUP 2026

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm expecting big protests and long threads about why its a criminal act to let the US host a world cup given its terrible humans rights record abroad. Forum, don't let me down. Keep that consistency that we have for Russia and Qatar.
You're right, homosexuality should be illegal everywhere.

Damn those pesky yanks.

By then saccer will be 4 x15 minute quarters with 20 minute advertising breaks between them. Referees will be mic'ed up and will stop passages of play to explain to the crowd what's happening.
Players will be asked to comment during games and "tied" games will be settled by gunfights between 5 players from each side.
Diana Ross and Madonna will sing the American national anthem before each game.

There will be imposed rehydration breaks where the players will be given coca cola or Coors lite, which they have to finish.

Legacy Lilywhite

Supporter
Up The Spurs! 🇬🇧🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🇺🇸🇮🇱🇺🇦
I realise this is somewhat premature given the 2022 tournament hasn’t taken place yet. But the selection for the subsequent WC venues has been made.

The 2026 World Cup will be the first one hosted by three different countries with games being played in the United States, Mexico and Canada. It will be just the second time the United States has hosted a World Cup. The only other time was in 1994 when matches were played at nine different venues with the championship game being played at the LA Rose Bowl.

The 16 stadiums selected to host games are:
  • Arlington, Texas (AT&T Stadium)
  • Atlanta (Mercedes-Benz Stadium)
  • Boston (Gillette Stadium)
  • Guadalajara, Mexico (Estadio Akron)
  • Houston (NRG Stadium)
  • Kansas City, Missouri (Arrowhead Stadium)
  • Los Angeles (SoFi Stadium)
  • Mexico City (Estadio Azteca)
  • Miami (Hard Rock Stadium)
  • Monterrey (Estadio BBVA)
  • New York (MetLife Stadium)
  • Philadelphia (Lincoln Financial Field)
  • San Francisco (Levi’s Stadium)
  • Seattle (Lumen Field)
  • Toronto, Canada (BMO Field)
  • Vancouver, Canada (BC Place)
FIFA will announce at a later date which of those cities will be selected to host the championship game, semifinal, quarterfinal and round of 16 matches, while others will host games from the group stage.

Will Gareth still be in charge? Will H still be playing?

Could be the road trip of a lifetime… anyone fancy buying a wife and two kids?

:mourweird:

So let me get this straight, Mexico has hosted three World Cups since 1970 (granted they were the backup in 1986) and the USA two since 1994, yet England and by extension the UK has only hosted one in it's entire history, that being 60 years prior by the time 2026 rolls around.

I'm glad they avoided Chicago and DC, even though Chicago is 3 hours away from me.
Opposite reaction. Other than NY, Chicago is the only potential city I'd want to visit in the summer othere than maybe LA. Chicago is the greatest summer city in the US. Why would avoiding Chicago be good? Chicago is 1000X a better advertisement for the US than Kansas City.

I'm expecting big protests and long threads about why its a criminal act to let the US host a world cup given its terrible humans rights record abroad. Forum, don't let me down. Keep that consistency that we have for Russia and Qatar.

I think it will be an epic world cup but logistically this will be a nightmare for anyone obsessed with following their country.

Opposite reaction. Other than NY, Chicago is the only potential city I'd want to visit in the summer othere than maybe LA. Chicago is the greatest summer city in the US. Why would avoiding Chicago be good? Chicago is 1000X a better advertisement for the US than Kansas City.
Right now Chicago is full of protests and the highest gun crime in the country. I can't imagine it improving by the world cup and the last thing I want is major protests or violence during the cup just making our country look even worse.

Kansas City might be boring but they love their MLS. They are a great sports town and will be a good host city.

Chicago and DC are trash cities imo.

Right now Chicago is full of protests and the highest gun crime in the country. I can't imagine it improving by the world cup and the last thing I want is major protests or violence during the cup just making our country look even worse.

Kansas City might be boring but they love their MLS. They are a great sports town and will be a good host city.

:ap:

To each their own I guess. Chicago is amazing. DC always struggles just because it doesn't have identity - so many of its inhabitants are just there for work temporarily.

Almost everything in this post is wrong.

The murder rate in Kansas City is 29.88 per 100,000.
The murder rate in Chicago is 18.26 per 100,000.

If you want to add in St Louis which, I believe, has the highest murder rate for a ‘big city’ in the nation, we can safely say that Missouri has a worse problem than pretty much anywhere else.

Almost everything in this post is wrong.

The murder rate in Kansas City is 29.88 per 100,000.
The murder rate in Chicago is 18.26 per 100,000.

If you want to add in St Louis which, I believe, has the highest murder rate for a ‘big city’ in the nation, we can safely say that Missouri has a worse problem than pretty much anywhere else.
Who said anything about murder rate? I said gun violence and crime and protests. Not to get into a major political debate here because it’s a World Cup thread but Chicago is one of the last places I would want people coming right now.

Two weeks ago we took a trip to the aquarium there and the security guard even said “don’t stay out past dark” to us as we were leaving. And that was in a nicer part of the city.

Who said anything about murder rate? I said gun violence and crime and protests. Not to get into a major political debate here because it’s a World Cup thread but Chicago is one of the last places I would want people coming right now.

Two weeks ago we took a trip to the aquarium there and the security guard even said “don’t stay out past dark” to us as we were leaving. And that was in a nicer part of the city.
Silly me. I thought that the murder rate might be reflective of gun violence and crime.

Kansas City is obviously a safe, lovely place if you exclude the fact that you’re 40% more likely to be murdered there than Chicago.

Back
Top Bottom