Financial Results - Year End June 30, 2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I always think these results show the ceaseless loyalty of our fanbase. We're the only one of the top 10 earning clubs that consistently wins absolutely fuck all. Yet we're up there in revenue with clubs that win trophies nearly every year.

Our returns on the pitch are actually abysmal compared to our results off the pitch which are broadly speaking pretty good.
Not really.

Our revenues only ever got close ("competitive") to the big Clubs in PL since we moved out of WHL (so since we moved to Wembley as a consequence of this and playing in CL during this time). Prior to this our revenues were closer to Crystal Palace than they were to Woolwich!! We were over £100m off chavs and Woolwich, we have not only closed the gap but have overtaken Woolwich and the only thing that stops us going over Chavs is CL, and we no longer need Chavs to drop out of CL whilst we qualify for it for us to enable this, we can jump them if we qualify for it even if they also qualify for it too!

Last year Capitol Radio Summer Ball was booked for WHL but obviously had to be cancelled. That’s an all day long festival. No doubt it will return.
A week of Adele would do nicely for next summer.
We’ve got the rugby lge challenge cup final next year ....moved from Wembley .
Rugby League, that's a northern sport, isn't it?

🤔

Probably take about £23.76 over the bar that weekend.

Per Alistair Gold on South Korea tour :

The north London club are the second most followed football team on TikTok, behind only Real Madrid. They recently passed 200 million impressions on the social media platform and 178 million of those were from South Korea, helped by Son's presence.

South Korea has become Tottenham's second biggest e-commerce market behind the UK, with the year to date sales only half of the UK and nearly twice as big as the USA.

Spurs have seized on the opportunity with initiative such as making the postage and packing costs similar to those offered in the UK and both matches in Seoul were watched by crowds mostly wearing one of the club's shirts, many of them the recently-released new season versions.

I knew South Korea was a big market for us, but its huge ........ and I don't see it going away quickly after Son retires - Liverpool still reaping the benefit of being a big team in asia in the 1980's .......
Asian fans do seem to follow the player rather than the team. When Ronaldo went to Juve, Madrid lost a million twitter followers and Juve gained a similar amount.
Our problem is going to be finding a Korean successor to Son. Probably why Kim Min Jae’s agent keeps touting him to us every season.

Asian fans do seem to follow the player rather than the team. When Ronaldo went to Juve, Madrid lost a million twitter followers and Juve gained a similar amount.
Our problem is going to be finding a Korean successor to Son. Probably why Kim Min Jae’s agent keeps touting him to us every season.
That's true but Korean fans seem to have finally accepted Spurs this season. They see that Son is a Spurs fan, and through him they get to learn about Kane, Dier, Davies, Romero etc. and they're learning to appreaciate the whole team.

A lot of them will likely leave after Son is gone, but I think plenty will stay.

Well it looks like we have made it through COVID with manageable losses. Hopefully we will really start to see the Stadium increasing revenue with a season of full attendances.

It shows how crucial being top 4 is to really grow the club. The prize money for ECL is hugely significant.

Here's the actual accounts. The club is pretty healthy actually once you get past the headline loss figures. I suspect we will be in a better position than most other clubs going forward.

Also, they state all non footballing activities will be going back into he club to support the football team. So that should please those who think ENIC trouser all that cash.

You can see why they would wait to make 100% sure that full crowds for football and additional events would be allowed before agreeing to hire Conte though.

£1.9m from stadium receipts last year.......

I’d absolutely love to know the breakdown of matchday income for every game. Just to find out how many pints are drunk each week and whether there is more for certain fixtures etc. would be fascinating for me but there is no way they’ll be posting that type of information.

I reckon one of the biggest day for beer sales would be this season vs United

5.30 Saturday........and everyone trying to drink to forget after

Was at the boxing too and the amount of pints consumed was staggering.

No doubt... Saturday night = peak drinking time.

Same as these Gaga & GnR type gigs..... Should be massive money spinners.

Levy needs to be having a word with Adele's people about a series of summer shows.... She's fucking huge.... They could fill WHL about 4, 5, 6 times over if they're the only UK shows. Whack on 4/5 acts and the place could be open 2pm - 11pm like the old Wembley stadium shows. £$£$£$£$

I'm guessing that every club is going to be recording a loss, would I be right to think their figures are going to be similar to (or worse than) ours?

I see the Spursaphobic Guardian are running a story with the headline Tottenham announce £80.2m pre-tax loss as debt climbs to £706m.

They seem to be revelling in it, not that that should surprise me. Anyone would think that we were the only club, the only business in debt.

Fun facts: Apple's total debt stands at $112 billion. The total national debt of the United States is $27 trillion

I think Spurs are the first PL club to release their financial results, so it'll be a few months before we see how other club s. coped with covid.

All clubs will have the buffer of tv monies and commercial sponsorship monies , but the ability of all club's to recover will depend on the size of match day revenues this season (most clubs had next to zero in the year just gone) - and Spurs with a huge corporate revenue base will do well - plus Spurs have a lot more non football income whether from 3rd party events (nfl, boxing, rugby, concerts etc) and their exhibition and conference business (3rd largest premises in London) etc.

So in a full year Spurs might go from turnover of £362m (announced today) to somewhere north of £450m (and maybe close to £500m) - and just to put those numbers into context in 2017 turnover was £310m and 2018 £380m (both pre-covid.

So we are in a good place to recover financially.

Just a question now of moving some players on and bringing others in - ensuring we improve our recruitment with a couple in January and maybe 4-6 in the summer,

Back
Top Bottom