Football Betting thread?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I match bet so they will know my game and ban me from promotions some almost immediately others I've had a while I do all the weekly bet clubs I can , I never bet with out the odds slightly in my favour and lay every bet I have backed on a betting exchange, it's known as a gubbing when you get banned from promotions often I'm still allowed to bet on extra race places that have a decent expected value overall on matched bets alltho many will lose small amounts, when my options are totally exhausted with the bookmaker I arb them which leads to being restricted to stakes of less than 10p etc fairly quickly

Landed a huge Arb on the Scotland match on Getting bet the other day tho and haven't been banned as yet.

My opinion bookies are quite quick to ban anybody who has an edge fairly quickly even if they don't Arb sharb or match bet and just know what they are doing.

I have literally had my custom refused from some online bookies on sign up because bookies are allowed to chose their clients and only want mug punters

:smesh:

(Whats Arb short for BTW?)

Last edited:
:smesh:

(Whats Arb short for BTW?

Arbitrage ie getting something below market value in this case a bet and selling it at market value.

Arb = online arbitrage
Sharb = placing back bet in a shop rather than online

Last week Scotland were 3.0 (2/1) to win but there odds went down to 1.7 (4/5 ish) because corona virus wiped out there opposition entirely.

I managed to get get the back bet on at 3.0 and simultaneously lay at 1.83 on Betfair, the lay odds should always be higher than the back odds if they aren't you are guaranteed to make money.

My mate got banned from Bet365 because we were using a promotion to guarantee profit. We did the same thing 4 times but I escaped a ban because I also placed a £1 bet on something else.

So you matched bet? Why stop there do all of the bookies I've made over a grand in 6 weeks and expect to make £100-150 per month for the next 5 or 6 months.

So you matched bet? Why stop there do all of the bookies I've made over a grand in 6 weeks and expect to make £100-150 per month for the next 5 or 6 months.
Bet 365 do a promotion for Champions League games where if you place a bet before the game up to £50, then you get a free in play bet of the same amount. So before the game we would bet £50 on something like under 4.5 goals at 1-10 and then as the game starts we bet on over 4.5 goals at 6-1. If it was under 4.5 goals we won £55, so a £5 profit and if it was over 4.5 we would win £350 on the free bet which would cover the £50 you put in. You could change what you bet on so it was like a guaranteed £25 each time if you didn't want the chance of winning more.

Bet 365 do a promotion for Champions League games where if you place a bet before the game up to £50, then you get a free in play bet of the same amount. So before the game we would bet £50 on something like under 4.5 goals at 1-10 and then as the game starts we bet on over 4.5 goals at 6-1. If it was under 4.5 goals we won £55, so a £5 profit and if it was over 4.5 we would win £350 on the free bet which would cover the £50 you put in. You could change what you bet on so it was like a guaranteed £25 each time if you didn't want the chance of winning more.
That's quite clever. 👍

Might look out for that this season.

That sounds good but you should broaden your horizons outside of bet365 and learn to match bet but you'll be banned very quickly from that promo

My last bet is sky's boosted acca max stake £10

Liverpool Derby and Fulham all to win boosted to 8.0 from 5.0 layed at Betfair at 6.2 stake 12.94
If the acca wins sky bet returns 80 is my £10 plus £70 and my lay bet has a liability of £67.29 which leaves a profit if £2.71 should the back bet win, if the lay bet wins ie those teams not all winning then I lose £10 at sky and win £12.94 minus commission on the lay bet which my calculator tells me leaves me a profit of £2.68 they run these offers twice a week in the season generally and you get a free bet of £5 if you bet £25 a week with odds above 2.5

I have 5 £10 bets on at Paddy power that qualifies me for a free £10 bet as part of a weekly bet club an example of one of these bets is a horse called fire jet that I've both backed and layed at 8.4 meaning a loss of 18p regardless of out come with the free odds boost you receive weekly you can generally break even or very small loss on the qf bets because if you know what you are doing you can create a small Arb, with free bets they are stake not returned generally, normally you make around 80% of the value of the free bet back guaranteed regardless of result by matching the bets so overall I make between £7.50 and 8 a week on Paddy and they give out a lot of free bets £5 bets for specific events that I can guarantee 80% of, you do this on multiple bookies it adds up, the sign up offers are one time only but generally much more lucrative.

Football Chap Football Chap see oddsmonkey or profit accumalor websites if you are interested that's who I use to get the best matched odds.

Last edited:
Screen-Shot-2020-09-24-at-21-30-45.png

I think I'm going to treat myself to a new butt plug.

Anyone got any bets on for the weekend?

Mates 5fold at weekend 4 up waiting on Juventus £2 returns £97 as you may or may not know Juventus game was postponed but Seria A rules say that the game could have gone ahead Napoli chose not to attend so have awarded Juventus the game 3-0 will Ladbrokes pay out full on a 5 fold? I say no mate has faith....

Mates 5fold at weekend 4 up waiting on Juventus £2 returns £97 as you may or may not know Juventus game was postponed but Seria A rules say that the game could have gone ahead Napoli chose not to attend so have awarded Juventus the game 3-0 will Ladbrokes pay out full on a 5 fold?

I say no mate has faith....
I doubt they pay out.

£1 E/W Acca -

Man City - PL
Sheffield Utd - Championship
Charlton - L1
Bristol Rovers - L2
Wrexham - National League

8063/1

---------------

2 side bets -

£10 E/W on Tottenham to win the Premier League at 50/1.

£2.50 E/W on Wealdstone to win the National League at 200/1.

£1 E/W Acca -

Man City - PL
Sheffield Utd - Championship
Charlton - L1
Bristol Rovers - L2
Wrexham - National League

8063/1

---------------

2 side bets -

£10 E/W on Tottenham to win the Premier League at 50/1.

£2.50 E/W on Wealdstone to win the National League at 200/1.
Sheff U are going to have to dramatically improve to get anywhere near winning the Champ. They were pitiful last season.

Back
Top Bottom